Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Delta 400 faucet poor new design?!

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
    Thanks to the new Cali lead laws I have hundreds of Chicago faucets at the school district that I cannot get rebuild kits for.
    How's about finding a supplier for common maintenance items... p-traps, wax rings, and the like that will throw in certain gaskets, O-rings for free as a "promo"? The p-traps, wax rings, and the like will simply cost more.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Run the HOT water through the hand held spray for awhile, as this will loosen up the spray hose.
      I took a look at a Delta 400 at the supply house. Turned it upside down and moved the spout. The PEX tubing and spray hose connection on the underside of the faucet rotated in a fashion that was nearly identical to the spout! I took a video of it, but it turned out so pixelated as to be worthless.

Ridiculous. Whoever signed off on this design at Delta may be suffering from rectal cranial inversion.
      Attached Files
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Initially I threw a big fit. Called Delta and logged complaint. Have had several customers not like the loose base. The one piece kichen are barely tolerable, but the separate spout and valve models are a disaster--i do not think the valve cap nut will be removable, when the time comes, because the whole body will spin. I would walk away from Delta but I like the alternatives even less. It is a very bad situation.

Delta's metal popup was incredibly good--with the plastic-tipped pivot rod. Their plastic popup is the worst.

The consumer is largely responsible. Companies that make good products can either go out of business, or use plastic. Perhaps I'm wrong, but the consumer will buy the one that's $10 cheaper 9 times out of 10. Many times I have sent the customer to the store, back when Delta was good, to get a Delta, and they would come back with something $10 cheaper. Even, such as for a shower valve or roman tub valve, when i tell them the Delta is cheaper overall because they're easier to install, they show up with the one that was $10 cheaper.

Comment

Working...
        X