Thankful for these threads!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankful for these threads!

I want to thank everyone who contributes to these threads!

Thanksgiving is a day when we reflect on the things in our lives for which we are grateful. Of course I'm grateful for my wonderful wife and family, good health, and for being lucky enough to be born in this country. I'm also thankful for the people on these threads who have both entertained and educated me. I've actually been able to provide better service to my customers because of things I've learned here. So Thank You!

My wish for you all is that you don't eat so much turkey today that you get an upset stomach, and that the team you're rooting for wins the ball game!

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving!
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Thankful for these threads!

I'm thankful for the bottle of Knob Creek I have in the cupboard as the house is full of family that I don't see except for thanksgiving.... There is a reason we all moved away from each other

***hiccup***

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
      I'm thankful for the bottle of Knob Creek I have in the cupboard as the house is full of family that I don't see except for thanksgiving.... There is a reason we all moved away from each other

***hiccup***
      Knob Creek? That stocked next to Gobbler's Gulch on the store shelf?
      The next morning....

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
        Knob Creek? That stocked next to Gobbler's Gulch on the store shelf?
        The next morning....
        Knob is a small batch Kentucky Bourbon aged for 9 years. I've never had a hangover from it but as with all good things..... Moderation

http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/for...isplaybottling

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Knob is a small batch Kentucky Bourbon aged for 9 years. I've never had a hangover from it but as with all good things..... Moderation

http://www.bourbonenthusiast.com/for...isplaybottling
          That sounds tasty. I'm going to see if the liquor store will order a couple bottles. I very seldom drink alcohol, but enjoy the aroma of good whiskey as much as the flavor. Probably better than Gobbler's Gulch too.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            That sounds tasty. I'm going to see if the liquor store will order a couple bottles. I very seldom drink alcohol, but enjoy the aroma of good whiskey as much as the flavor. Probably better than Gobbler's Gulch too.
            I stopped at the liquor store and what was sitting on the shelf? Bald Creek! (For some reason I had started thinking of it as Bald Knob. LOL) It has a very pleasing taste and aroma but I wouldn't describe it as "smooth". That stuff is strong enough to kill any cold I've ever had. My wife saw the bottle and just started shaking her head like I'm nuts. (I pretty much don't drink so it's going to sit in the cabinet for a few decades now.) A couple years ago we had a party out back, and I pulled some Canadian Club out of the cupboard. It was unopened and I purchased it in 1982. BTW: It was much more smooth than newly purchased bottles of Canadian Club. I thought it didn't age in the bottle?

No Gobbler's Gulch on the shelf.
            Attached Files

Comment

I never said Knob was for rookies only that it is good, it is a traditional 100 proof Kentucky bourbon where Jack Daniels is 80 proof and SO CO is 70-80 or 100 Proof...

Store the Knob on its side so the cork stays wet (a wet cork will not shrink thus keeping the air out of your whiskey)..

Comment

Working...
              X