Clear All

• Raptor Tools

Anyone use any of these? Good? Bad?

Kind of a Ferguson house brand.

http://www.raptortool.com/

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Raptor Tools

ive got a few hand tools (crescent wrench, pliers) and am happy with them...the hub savers suck though

Comment

there mini copper cutters work great.

Comment

Things are too tight for throw-away tools. I'll stick with the brands that have served me well( and can repair) Rigid, Milwaukee, General, Makita, etc.
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
          Things are too tight for throw-away tools. I'll stick with the brands that have served me well( and can repair) Rigid, Milwaukee, General, Makita, etc.
          Mike
          Have you priced some of the parts for those brands vs. new of the same brand.

Those brands are throw away now.

J.C.

Comment

Raptor tools are great. Cheap, and they work.
            They last unless you abuse them.

I have their hacksaw, and I left the blade off it and a part fell out and it's a junk tool now. Screwdrivers are fine. Seriously, what could go wrong with one of those? I have their 6 inch crescent, but the jaws feel a little sloppy and weak, not my favorite tool, but it works.

Anddddd the tubing cutters. Best brand on the market currently for no adjustment close quarter cutters. But...

Lenox has came out with CQC's that need no adjustment. Just sold the hell out right now.

Oh, which brings me to why I would mention Lenox, after saying Raptors was the best. Raptors cutting wheels are COMPLETE GARBAGE. Jesus, so frustrating. It will chip within a week, and within 2 you will be wondering why you didn't grab 6 or 7 wheels. Now the first blade that came with them was good, but once it bit the dust it was over. Hate them now cause they just chew through the pipe.

And if I remember right their little metal torpedo is junk, I had one, and was at the supply house when another plumber was bringing back his 4th. Air leaks into the middle vial and just ruins it.

All in all, their tools are good. Look at it this way, if you are as scatter brained as me, it won't hurt so bad losing/leaving a Raptor tool, as opposed to a Snap-On/Craftsman/Ridgid/Lenox/ETC.

Comment

I made the mistake of buying the 4" Adjustable Wrench cant stand them man they su%K a$$ so bad that I went out and got 2 new pairs or 4" Adjustable Wrench curesant brand insted that ended my raptor tool tryout
              SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                I made the mistake of buying the 4" Adjustable Wrench cant stand them man they su%K a$$ so bad that I went out and got 2 new pairs or 4" Adjustable Wrench curesant brand insted that ended my raptor tool tryout
                what I forgot to say also was that on the 4" Adjustable Wrench from raptor they have groves on the wrench part for grip well it doesnt work thats the problem I had I would tighten them and they would still slip a little and you could not get wrench off
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I was wary of them at first because of the last line of tools Ferguson carried, Black Rhino which were expensive and junk.

I have bought numerous Raptor tools, blades and drill bits. They are all great except the sawzall blades. The metal ones suck, I'll stick with the lennox.

Other than that there great tools, I own their 6in1 screw driver, ext. cords, hole hawg bits, channel locks (their version) crescent wrenches and drill bit extensions.

Plus I believe they have a lifetime warranty ... which is great because I beat the crap out of my tape measures I just bring it in an they give me a new one .
                  Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                  Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

jchurch83 is right...their socketsaver bits suck......get pasco brand if u don't want to buy the high end carbide tip bits. Besides that, I have an orange hacksaw......hasn't given me trouble yet, but I've only used it twice.

Comment

Have the 1/2", 3/4" , and 1" close quarter copper cutters . So far so good .Other than that I call them craptor...
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X