X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright...

Alright now. I've been a Forum participant for a long time now. I research old threads all the time. A pattern seems present so I'll just out with it and ask:

What Forum members are either paid or unpaid consultants for Ridgid and/or it's parent companies?

J.C.

Re: Alright...

What trends bring you to this conclusion?

Comment

This is gonna get good..
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Alright now. I've been a Forum participant for a long time now. I research old threads all the time. A pattern seems present so I'll just out with it and ask:

What Forum members are either paid or unpaid consultants for Ridgid and/or it's parent companies?

J.C.
        LOL Maybe we should take a poll on this subject first.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

You startin to sound like your granma

Comment

Watching...

Comment

1. NOT ME
              2. Do you have a problem with the answers or advice of any particular forum member? If so, you are free to ignore the advice.
              3. I have not noticed that there is any censorship, such as of comments which may not be favorable to ridgid. and the IS ridgid.com!

Comment

there are only about 3 active members from Ridgid and then there is a couple more that are not on much
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

/shrug, most employees seem pretty open about it.

Rick's just a fanatic if that's what you're driving at
                  No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Dear JCsPlumbing (And Other Interested Forum Members),

I wanted to reach out today when I read your post and the ensuing forum thread. Let me assure you that we at RIDGID do not pay consultants to participate in the RIDGID Forum. We do have RIDGID employees that will chime in, but those affiliations should always be obvious to you.

This Forum is intended to be an unbiased venue where skilled trades-people can share ideas, network, ask questions and get answers. At RIDGID, we intentionately try to keep a low profile as many Forum members have reminded us over the years that this is their venue, not ours. Simply put, we don't want to interfere...but we are sincerely interested in talking (or typing) with you.

I'd be really interested to hear from you and your Forum peers on this topic. What kind of engagement would you like to see from RIDGID? Where does our Forum participation cross the line into interference in your eyes? What can we do for this Forum to make it an even better experience?

Thanks very much!

Ed McKiernan, RIDGID Marketing

Comment

Ed, it seems to me like everything works just fine the way it is. Thanks to RIDGID and all of those involved for providing this place for us to correspond. I, for one, very much appreciate it. I have learned a few things along the way and like to think that I have provided information to others. It seems to me that most folks here feel the same way.

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!
                      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

for I agree with Trent2 and realy enjoy this forum and have learnd a few things and hope that I have passed on some helpfull info so thank you and keep up with the good work
                        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by Ed M. View Post
                          Dear JCsPlumbing (And Other Interested Forum Members),

I wanted to reach out today when I read your post and the ensuing forum thread. Let me assure you that we at RIDGID do not pay consultants to participate in the RIDGID Forum. We do have RIDGID employees that will chime in, but those affiliations should always be obvious to you.

This Forum is intended to be an unbiased venue where skilled trades-people can share ideas, network, ask questions and get answers. At RIDGID, we intentionately try to keep a low profile as many Forum members have reminded us over the years that this is their venue, not ours. Simply put, we don't want to interfere...but we are sincerely interested in talking (or typing) with you.

I'd be really interested to hear from you and your Forum peers on this topic. What kind of engagement would you like to see from RIDGID? Where does our Forum participation cross the line into interference in your eyes? What can we do for this Forum to make it an even better experience?

Thanks very much!

Ed McKiernan, RIDGID Marketing
                          Thanks for the reply ED. Wow, didn't expect any response from marketing at all. I too obviously learn from here. And this could be nothing but a wrong evaluation on my part.

As you state, you have no paid consultants on the Ridgid Forum. Do you have any routine/active Forum members that are unpaid consultants? For example: Do you "give" some members cable, battery tools, locators, air tools, press tools, etc. etc. etc. to review for Ridgid/Emerson?

Perfectly fine if you do or don't. I just like to know as it can be pretty difficult not to skew a persons opinion of a product when they are in this position. And that, in turn, has to be considered when others are gathering information to determine what's right for them to purchase.

It's kind of like when you hear a radio personality advertising how they looove say...Time Warner Cable for instance....and it's not disclosed that the personality gets it for free as part of the advertising contract. Or some other product.

Conspiracy theory? Maybe. I am not a consultant of any kind. If I am ever offered any thing to test I gladly will but will put it in my signature at the bottom what is going on.

And will hammer the product if I don't like it.

(Any non-paid consultants?)

J.C.

Comment

JC, I have been a member here for quite awhile and on more than one occasion members have absolutly blasted some Ridgid products and service also from time to time and to their credit Ridgid takes it like a man. They don't edit or delete the thread and when they can they offer solutions or at the very least apologies and I assume that they also take the information back to marketing or production and try to thrash out the problems. That said, if ridgid is interested in real world tool testing they are certainly free to send over a truck load and let my students beat on them for awhile. If tools stand up to high schools students, they will stand up to anything
                            sigpic

Comment

JC your PM box is full

Comment

Working...
                              X