Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 savannah

got pulled over the other night.

'no brake lights' turned out to be just the top-center light when the taillights are on.

chased it and chased it and (get this) it's both harnesses, each side, bad ground in the bulb holder deal. it's late at night and I'm cheap so I whizz wheeled away enough plastic to expose approprite bits of metal (yes, metal... of unknown cheap outsourced to mehico connector variety metal) and soldered in a bit of wire to make a ground, then cased it in caulk.

Still working today, a couple days later.

Still kind of shocked that 'no brake lites' resulting in the red-faced realization that I had expired plates and no proof of ins didn't buy me a few hundy worth of ticket.

I guess the point of the post is that, for the harness/connector/bulbholder to fail at exactly the same point on both sides seems a little bit co-incidental to me; stupid crap outsourced crap.

And that small-town cops are pretty cool when they want to be.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: 98 savannah

I would have written you a handful of tickets. It would be the same if I went to a job and didn't charge the customer as the cop not charging you.

Comment

Common problem with those vans.
      Glad the cop let you off.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by themaster View Post
        i would have written you a handful of tickets. It would be the same if i went to a job and didn't charge the customer as the cop not charging you.
        baa humbug scrooge !!! Lumpa coal in yer stockin or elsewhere!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Glad He was a good guy. Got on to fix on the dump today.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Theres no excuse for not having proper proof of insurance and a valid tag on your rig. The lights being out was negligent also.....because it was both lights caused by two different failures......whats the chances of them both going at once? Not likely. My conclusion is that one of the lights had been out for a while. Maintain your equipment or pay the fines

Comment

I had to have both my brake light sockets replaced on my 97 savannah this summer ..
              I keep all my vehicle registration and Ins cards on the visor..i dont want to be digging if the day ever comes
              Last edited by DELCASE; 12-12-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I check my brake lights taile lights head lights all the time & turn signals I also check Insurence card all once a month on the 1 as a ruteen takes 5 minuts saves lots of headaches
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
                X