Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PEX Vs RAT Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: PEX Vs RAT

    Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
    Running pex is the same as hooking up a garden hose.

    This is why they can now pay illegals to know red is hot, blue is cold and in 4 hours they are doing tract homes.

    2 connections.


    My grandma could run pex. It's that easy. No skill.

    Lazy mans pipe
    I did a google img search and came across this picture of pex ran in an attic. I just have to say it is unimpressive.
    Attached Files
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • Re: PEX Vs RAT

      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      So 21 pages later and far as I can tell nobody has changed their opinions of the product but it was fun wasn't it?

      I did learn a new term from dunbar though "lazy man's piping" I like that. Think I may write an article for P&M with that title. Think they'll publish it
      Not likely seeing as how Viega is one of their major sponsors, which, if you think about that is why and how we got here in the first place isn't it. Industry whores greasing palms to push inferior products on a a public all too willing to pay less and get less.
      How do you feel about propress copper systems? Is that a lazy mans way to run copper?

      Comment


      • Re: PEX Vs RAT

        Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I did a google img search and came across this picture of pex ran in an attic. I just have to say it is unimpressive.
        Thats my pic and the job wasn't finished yet. I guess its back to google

        By the way....what did you search for when that pic came up?
        Last edited by TheMaster; 12-23-2010, 11:21 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: PEX Vs RAT

          Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          Thats my pic and the job wasn't finished yet. I guess its back to google
          Why not post pictures of the finished job up there then.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

          Comment


          • Re: PEX Vs RAT

            Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            How do you feel about propress copper systems? Is that a lazy mans way to run copper?
            Nope. The only issue I have with Pro-Press is the cost of the fittings and the rubber O ring that makes the seal. Time wise, it is only marginally faster than swetting a joint is. We have a couple of them on the shelf for any of the guys to use if they need it but truthfully, neither one has been out of the shop in well over a year. I also have a slight issue with trying to keep straight runs of pipe, straight. the pressing action tends to kick the pipe in one direction or the other. It's correctable but a bit of a pain to do.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Re: PEX Vs RAT

              Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              Why not post pictures of the finished job up there then.
              I'm sure I did....maybe google is on the blink again.

              Comment


              • Re: Low First Cost Mistaken Economy

                Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                This is out of a old code book I have. I believe this applies to anyone that makes the statement that they will give a guy cheap if they want cheap.

                Low First Cost Mistaken Economy
                A second class plumbing and drainage system in cost will prove itself a second class system in service. A year or so in service will reveal the inefficiency of the fixture, device or construction. Discomfort, inconvenience, cost of repairs, foul odors, insanitary and unhealthful conditions are the resulting penalties which the unfortunate occupant must pay.
                Thats reaching. Just because I do not ONLY offer my customers the best doesn't make my systems fail in a year or so.

                Really?????? I mean Really??? lol

                I realize some people cant live like I do. They cant pull 20 or 30 grand out of the bank and do whatever. I realize some people are poor and they are doing good to even have a home. If they choose a cheaper material...I refuse to judge them for it and its my duty to get them water at a price they can afford if possible and with code approved materials.
                Last edited by TheMaster; 12-23-2010, 11:46 PM.

                Comment


                • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                  Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  Thats my pic and the job wasn't finished yet. I guess its back to google

                  By the way....what did you search for when that pic came up?
                  Now thats some real workmanship....

                  I just saved it to my photobucket account...
                  We'll keep that handy...
                  Last edited by Redwood; 12-23-2010, 11:44 PM.
                  411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

                  Comment


                  • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                    Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                    Now thats some real workmanship....

                    I just saved it to my photobucket account...
                    We'll keep that handy...
                    I'm sure you keep alot of things handy. Who cares man...Like i've said before you can take pieces of most anything thats not finished and claim its crappy work.....its what you do.

                    Comment


                    • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      Nope. The only issue I have with Pro-Press is the cost of the fittings and the rubber O ring that makes the seal. Time wise, it is only marginally faster than swetting a joint is. We have a couple of them on the shelf for any of the guys to use if they need it but truthfully, neither one has been out of the shop in well over a year. I also have a slight issue with trying to keep straight runs of pipe, straight. the pressing action tends to kick the pipe in one direction or the other. It's correctable but a bit of a pain to do.
                      I just talked to my 85 yr old uncle and he said he never needed a propress he had a torch.

                      So the issues and slight issue you have are as follows:
                      1. Cost
                      2. rubber o rings
                      3.trying to keep pipe runs straight

                      Now what was your complaints about pex again? OHHHH and I'm not talking about the pex you use for your hydronic jobs.....that pex is ok I'm sure you approve of it.
                      Last edited by TheMaster; 12-23-2010, 11:57 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                        Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        I'm sure you keep alot of things handy. Who cares man....
                        Yea NH Master likes to keep pics of stuff like that handy too...

                        Hey NH Master did you save that pick?
                        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

                        Comment


                        • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                          Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          I did a google img search and came across this picture of pex ran in an attic. I just have to say it is unimpressive.

                          I swear I just typed in "Pex ran in attic" into google image search and on page 31 theres a picture of a guy and the same guy is on your website sewerRat.....Why would the same picture come up under "pex ran in attic" as you have on your website??????? Check for yourself

                          I guess rats really do like pex......lol
                          Last edited by TheMaster; 12-24-2010, 12:59 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                            Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                            Yea NH Master likes to keep pics of stuff like that handy too...

                            Hey NH Master did you save that pick?
                            Why dont you instant message him and ask? Its pic and thats short for picture.

                            Comment


                            • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                              Is there an icon for "This thread is getting stupid"?

                              Comment


                              • Re: PEX Vs RAT

                                I am so done with this thread it is beyond ridiculous.

                                Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                                I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X