This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PEX Vs RAT

And I sit back with a self satisfied look of smugness upon my face and the word " I told you so " perched on my lips
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      And I sit back with a self satisfied look of smugness upon my face and the word " I told you so " perched on my lips
      Oh yeah? The guy changed to pex because his well water ate his copper. is it the coppers fault? Nope its the waters fault.....is it the pex pipes fault? Nope the guy has a rat problem. Lets keep it real.

I could see the logic in this conversation......"we had rats and they ate through our pipe"...."what did you do about it"...."well we had the pipe changed to a type that the rats cant eat"....."oh great idea....keeping the rats huh?" "sure"
      Last edited by TheMaster; 12-21-2010, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Geee wiz Wally, if only he'd a treated his well water he would have saved the re-pipe money and the rat hole problem. How's that for "real"

No matter what he had for pipe, the rat problem is a totally different issue. However, at least he would only have to pay the exterminator instead of having to pay the exterminator and a plumber.

On a different tack. You boys keeping warm down there? Ma sister says it's been damn cold down there lately. Was thinking of heading down for the holidays, but if it's gonna be cold and crappy, I might as well stay put. Cold and crappy we have plenty of
        Last edited by NHMaster3015; 12-21-2010, 06:16 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Geee wiz Wally, if only he'd a treated his well water he would have saved the re-pipe money and the rat hole problem. How's that for "real"
          Whats the cost to maintain and treat well water for 20 years? Keepin it real. I guess you know the ph of a well can change from year to year. How many holes have you heard of lightning popping in pex?

I live in one of the rainiest citys in the country with almost daily thunderstorms in the summer and spring.......I cant count the number of under slab leaks I have repaired under the slab from lightning......dont even get me start on electrolysis.
          Last edited by TheMaster; 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Please don't say the C word.

J.C.

Comment

Yea its been cold for this time of year. we had some nights in the low 20's upper teens and windchill in the single digits. Its about 60 degrees right now going to be in the low 70's tomorrow.

Comment

I was thinking CPVC.

J.C.

Comment

I haven't soldered a copper fitting in over a year now. Viega Propress and pex, it's the only thing we carry in the trucks.

The only rats we have up here are muskrats and they don't like pex but they love my Duke 110's.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I was thinking CPVC.

J.C.
                    I hate that crap. I'll use it for relief lines and thats about it. If you followed all the manufactures guidelines for installation it would take twice the time as even copper.

Comment

What do you all expect?

It's lazy mans pipe.

No skill.

Lazy man pipe.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                        What do you all expect?

It's lazy mans pipe.

No skill.

Lazy man pipe.
                        I say the lazy mans pipe is copper...thats why they use it. They never get the job so they dont hafta work very much. How many repipes have you done? I'm up to atleast 1,000 and all of them HAD COPPER.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          I say the lazy mans pipe is copper...thats why they use it. They never get the job so they dont hafta work very much. How many repipes have you done? I'm up to atleast 1,000 and all of them HAD COPPER.

Running pex is the same as hooking up a garden hose.

This is why they can now pay illegals to know red is hot, blue is cold and in 4 hours they are doing tract homes.

2 connections.

My grandma could run pex. It's that easy. No skill.

Lazy mans pipe

Comment

Running pex is the same as hooking up a garden hose.

This is why they can now pay illegals to know red is hot, blue is cold and in 4 hours they are doing tract homes.

2 connections.

My grandma could run pex. It's that easy. No skill.

Lazy mans pipe
                            All the plumbers here that are doing homes have a plumbing license....but I understand your not here so your situation may be different.

My 8 yr old nephew can make a solder joint...Big F'n deal. Personally I find ALL plumbing simple...its conditions plumbing is done in that can make it a tough job. Anyone can solder a joint on a work bench and same goes for pex and crimping a joint...But throw that same SOB out under a crawlspace that you hafta dig your way into and have them crimp that joint up in the joists or solder that joint.....big damn difference and it seperates the men from the boys.

Its not lazy mans pipe its affordable pipe and it makes me plenty of money and thats why i became a plumber..to make money.

Comment

Ahh but you see,

I don't have to explain and justify why I run copper.

It takes skill,

that's why sharkbites and plastic pipe came along... so everyone can do it.

You can repipe a house in 4 hours with pex. Crimp n' go.

This thread shows the problems of a piping material that instantly from the word go, you have to make your home vermin resistant, or you'll have plumbing issues.

Plumbers are making less money as a result because of the fast and quick.

I'm proud enough as a plumber to use my company name wherever I post, proclaiming that I won't use a product that has little or no skill to use to provide potable water.

I've got some self respect left that I'm keeping in this profession before I retire, and it won't include fast and easy, aka lazy mans pipe.

Comment

Ahh but you see,

I don't have to explain and justify why I run copper.

It takes skill,

that's why sharkbites and plastic pipe came along... so everyone can do it.

You can repipe a house in 4 hours with pex. Crimp n' go.

This thread shows the problems of a piping material that instantly from the word go, you have to make your home vermin resistant, or you'll have plumbing issues.

Plumbers are making less money as a result because of the fast and quick.

I'm proud enough as a plumber to use my company name wherever I post, proclaiming that I won't use a product that has little or no skill to use to provide potable water.

I've got some self respect left that I'm keeping in this profession before I retire, and it won't include fast and easy, aka lazy mans pipe.
                                Plumbers are making less money???? Thats simply not true. Not the good ones who have business sense.

You think a customer cares if it takes skill to install it? Most do not. Most want it cheap and theres nothing wrong with that.

I dont consider soldering a highly skilled task....its quite simple really. Self respect? My self respect has nothing to do with my profession or the pipe I use.

Comment

Working...
                                X