X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PEX Vs RAT

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Not if I'm not involved in the case. Sure if I'm sued and they dig they can find it. Big deal. I'm using code approved material. Its not like I'm running asbestos pipes with a lead injector.
    I'm speaking in general terms of course but emails and forum postings are being looked at more now than ever before.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When a lot of these class action suits came against pex manufactures didn't the installers get named in the suit as well in some cases?
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      Ron's Facebook
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        When a lot of these class action suits came against pex manufactures didn't the installers get named in the suit as well in some cases?

Manufacturers, Distributors, Supply Houses, Developers, General Contractors and Sub Contractors.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hylarious

I'm gonna throw something out here.

In most towns and cities there are several plumbing companies. Generally though there are only a couple of "big" companies. The rest are one and two man shops. We are one of the area's couple of big companies. My dad built the company in the 40's through the 50's and 60's before handing it to me and then I handed it to my brother. We have been through good times and bad times. Our reputation is built on trust. We are not the cheapest company in town, in fact, we are the most expensive by far. A lot of folks can't afford us. We do not compromise. We don't bid or install pex for water systems (radiant heat, yes) we don't use aav's, flex supplies or any of the other plastic cheezy crap on the market. Our customers trust us and pay us extra to install quality materials and to have the knowledge and skill to do the job right. In short, we do not compete with all the other "little fishes" in the pond. We don't even try. Don't care what the competition is charging. As a result, business grows every year while the little fish all fight amongst themselves for the crumbs ( and deadbeats ) that are left. Simply put, I don't want customers or contractors that dictate to me what they want. They don't have the knowledge to know what they want, they only want cheap and cheap ain't us.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm licensed,bonded,insured.incorporated and use code approved materials and accepted trade practices. let the chips fall where they may.

I'm done with this for now. I have 60' of copper to bypass tomorrow with pex through the attic. Just for kicks I will quote the job to the customer both ways........ If he says no to the copper bid and yes to the pex bid......I guess I could be a complete fool and walk out and leave 1500.00 on the table and come home and play on the forum..... WTF lol

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Hylarious

In most towns and cities there are several plumbing companies. Generally though there are only a couple of "big" companies. The rest are one and two man shops. We are one of the area's couple of big companies. My dad built the company in the 40's through the 50's and 60's before handing it to me and then I handed it to my brother. We have been through good times and bad times. Our reputation is built on trust. We are not the cheapest company in town, in fact, we are the most expensive by far. A lot of folks can't afford us. We do not compromise. We don't bid or install pex for water systems (radiant heat, yes) we don't use aav's, flex supplies or any of the other plastic cheezy crap on the market. Our customers trust us and pay us extra to install quality materials and to have the knowledge and skill to do the job right. In short, we do not compete with all the other "little fishes" in the pond. We don't even try. Don't care what the competition is charging. As a result, business grows every year while the little fish all fight amongst themselves for the crumbs ( and deadbeats ) that are left. Simply put, I don't want customers or contractors that dictate to me what they want. They don't have the knowledge to know what they want, they only want cheap and cheap ain't us.
              Why do you use pex for radiant?

Comment

Because there are no other viable alternatives and because the radiant system is closed, relatively low pressure and not subjected to chlorene and can be directly incased in concrete.
                sigpic

Comment

Because there are no other viable alternatives and because the radiant system is closed, relatively low pressure and not subjected to chlorene and can be directly incased in concrete.
                  So you only use pex for the in slab jobs.....what do you use for under a wood subfloor? What did you use before pex.....back in the 50's and 60's

Comment

I agree these debates are funny! Up here there really isn't any "big" companies. I think the biggest is a four man shop. The rest of us are two or three and a few one man shops. To the best of my knowledge we're all using pex, and copper.
                    I've said this before, just because we're using pex doesn't mean we're cheaper by any means. I use quality pex made by Viega with quality bronze fittings and they're not cheap. Sure we're faster but we certainly don't charge less. Why should we? And our receivables are higher than ever right now, go figure.
                    If someone does want copper then we'll "upgrade" and use ProPress fittings for the entire job, at a premium price of course because copper and the propress fittings cost me more. I strongly believe the price of copper will be so high in the future that plumbers still using it will price themselves out of most jobs. Copper is way up there right now and with the demand for electric everything these days I don't see it coming back down. It's just the way it is, just the way it goes. Can't stop progress.
                    My company will be there to pick up the slack. We're very well positioned for it already.
                    Better get ready because it's already here.

Hylarious

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                      I agree these debates are funny! Up here there really isn't any "big" companies. I think the biggest is a four man shop. The rest of us are two or three and a few one man shops. To the best of my knowledge we're all using pex, and copper.
                      I've said this before, just because we're using pex doesn't mean we're cheaper by any means. I use quality pex made by Viega with quality bronze fittings and they're not cheap. Sure we're faster but we certainly don't charge less. Why should we? And our receivables are higher than ever right now, go figure.
                      If someone does want copper then we'll "upgrade" and use ProPress fittings for the entire job, at a premium price of course because copper and the propress fittings cost me more. I strongly believe the price of copper will be so high in the future that plumbers still using it will price themselves out of most jobs. Copper is way up there right now and with the demand for electric everything these days I don't see it coming back down. It's just the way it is, just the way it goes. Can't stop progress.
                      My company will be there to pick up the slack. We're very well positioned for it already.
                      Better get ready because it's already here.
                      No doubt. This post should be post of the week. Straight truth.

Comment

Master: don't do no stinkin staple up radiant. And if it weren't so late I would type a couple page reason why but for now we don't because staple up is not cost effective for the amount of time and materials required in this region.

IR: I'll agree with you there but, be very careful of what is considered "progress"
                        sigpic

Comment

Master: don't do no stinkin staple up radiant. And if it weren't so late I would type a couple page reason why but for now we don't because staple up is not cost effective for the amount of time and materials required in this region.

IR: I'll agree with you there but, be very careful of what is considered "progress"
                          Well its not cost effective to repipe houses with copper in this region because of the amount of time and materials involved. See we agree afterall...it just took all those posts to get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post

That's why you don't see those plumbers actively in the trade anymore. They are all out of business.

And trying to get them to put anything in print on the internet is impossible.

Chlorine is a destructive chemical, aggressive ph's as well but I'll go with stamped history of a product, knowing the risks involved.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Would you spend 20,000 more for a car thats 25% safer?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                                Would you spend 20,000 more for a car thats 25% safer?
                                They sell every Ferrari built.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X