• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEX Vs RAT

Rat wins

Re: PEX Vs RAT

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
    Rat wins

Plastic must taste better than we thought.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Once that animal knows it can get water from those pipes it will go back to it time and time again.

Comment

I seen it happen in a 4 plex with polybutylene they ate it line by line until i changed it all back to copper

Comment

How does a rat get a hole that big?
          under any pressure at all he would not be able to stay on it to continue chewing.

Was this static line ran through his poisoned cage after his water bowl was removed.

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
            Once that animal knows it can get water from those pipes it will go back to it time and time again.
            The owner said he put out rat bait 2 days before the leak started. When rats eat rat poison they get thirsty and the water activates the poison.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            How does a rat get a hole that big?
            under any pressure at all he would not be able to stay on it to continue chewing.

Was this static line ran through his poisoned cage after his water bowl was removed.

That was part of the shower riser. Makes sense huh?

Comment

The owner said he put out rat bait 2 days before the leak started. When rats eat rat poison they get thirsty and the water activates the poison.
              Makes them crazy thirsty as they die.

That was part of the shower riser. Makes sense huh?
              Smart Rat

Comment

Smart Rat
                There was alot of pipe behind that shower. He only ate through the clear pex...by chance? I dunno. I've seen them eat through all types of pex and poly...and other things

Comment

I believe you as you put your hands on it. But it makes no sense to me.

An animal craving water chews through a pipe that is empty most of the time. Meanwhile there are pipes full of water all over the place that are probably easier to get too.

Haven't seen a Poly or PEX chew through yet. Been asking others too.

Keep your supercharged rats out there.

J.C.

Comment

A question to those who see rodent induced leaks.
                    Over 10 years ago there was a 10 tract of homes that had a couple rat leaks over a short time period within a year of completion.
                    Pex reps since have told plumbers that it mostly happens with the opaque.When I mentioned it here years ago some jokingly said it may be do to them being color blind.

Are you guys seeing equal numbers of both?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      I believe you as you put your hands on it. But it makes no sense to me.

An animal craving water chews through a pipe that is empty most of the time. Meanwhile there are pipes full of water all over the place that are probably easier to get too.

Haven't seen a Poly or PEX chew through yet. Been asking others too.

Keep your supercharged rats out there.

J.C.
                      That pipe stays full all the time if the shower is used on the regular. The only way for it to go dry is evaporation or a leak. Its a shower only.

I've seen it countless times in all parts of the city and in new orleans and all through northwest florida.

Comment

That pipe stays full all the time if the shower is used on the regular. The only way for it to go dry is evaporation or a leak. Its a shower only.

I've seen it countless times in all parts of the city and in new orleans and all through northwest florida.
                        Duhhhhh......

I was thinking of a T/S with diverter.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

A question to those who see rodent induced leaks.
                          Over 10 years ago there was a 10 tract of homes that had a couple rat leaks over a short time period within a year of completion.
                          Pex reps since have told plumbers that it mostly happens with the opaque.When I mentioned it here years ago some jokingly said it may be do to them being color blind.

Are you guys seeing equal numbers of both?
                          Yes and they also eat romex.....so its not always water they are after. I think the lil bastards just like to chew on things. I know if you want to drive a hamster slap crazy......throw a empty paper towel cardboard tube in his cage......he wiont stop till he chews it up. When he is done,throw another in and same result. They are very very persistant animals. I told a lady she needed to have the rat problem corrected not the pipe as they will chew through romex electrical wire. She had her house "Rat proofed" the guys who did the job(professionally) said she had 85 points of entry they had to seal up. No more problems after that and its been 5 or 6 years now.

Comment

Hey Master you just may have an untapped market down there! Yummy!

http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/...at-BBQ-689.jpg

Comment

One of the apartments was empty in the 4 plex i worked on and the water was off ,,The rat or possum ate 30ft of pipe. all the way down until he found water sitting in the pipes ..Once he new were the water was, and what the pipe looked like there was no stopping him. When he bit a live line it would be a small drink hole
                              The $$$$ was good

Comment

Working...
                              X