1 1/2" abs p-trap with cast in baffle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 1/2" abs p-trap with cast in baffle

The one and only I've ever seen like this.

will post a pic when I get a chance... looks intentional, not like a defect.

literally has a baffle molded in blocking the flow path with a small slot in the center. Anyone know what this is supposed to be good for (other than clogging)?

Last edited by Ace Sewer; 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: 1 1/2" abs p-trap with cast in baffle

A defective piece that got out the door?

Comment

If it's the type I've seen it's not a defect...well a defect in design maybe.

I have no idea why. I always thought it was kind of foolish but I don't have smart people papers.

I've kind of thought it must have something to do with turbulence or because it's such a small trap they put that in as sort of a gate so more water would have to evaporate before causing a stink??????????
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I had the same thing , on two abs tubular traps in oct of this year , so alex you are not the only one

Comment

Working...
        X