X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH Boy we hit all the right subjects

So in two days we have managed to dredge up the old Pex argument and the Old Time and materials argument. Might as well add tankless heaters and be done with it

Honestly though, we have all been over these subjects many many times, going back more than a couple of years. We all pretty much know who is in what camp and no matter which side of the fence you are on does not make you a bad plumber or a bad person. Just seems like they are real hot button issues. There is no right or wrong. There is no, I'm better than you. What it comes down to is choice. I choose to operate the way I choose to operate. So do you. Nobody is going to do a sudden about face here and change their evil ways. In the end though, we are all licensed professionals and the public puts their trust in our skills and knowledge. Anyhoo, we are close to Christmas and whether I agree with you or not I sincerely wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Now if'n you will scuse me there's a bottle of Glennfiddich and a tumbler waiting for me. Cheers
    sigpic

Re: OH Boy we hit all the right subjects

Merry Christmas to you also!

Comment

For what it's worth, Im a sprinkler man, not a plumber, and I'm hoping I might learn a thing or two from these threads.

Comment

Merry Christmas NHM

Comment

Merry Christmas My COW Hamshire neighbor
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yes. And some sat in the forum all day, not working. It answers the question everyone is asking without printing it.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What do you guys think about stringing a few nipples together on some black iron gas pipe to a water heater? would you break the dies out or just screw a woo a few nipples?

Comment

string the nipples together, it's usually less than 18" anyway. but for some reason I have to make a point to ask for malleable couplings at the supply house, If I just say coupling they hand me thread protectors.

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                What do you guys think about stringing a few nipples together on some black iron gas pipe to a water heater? would you break the dies out or just screw a woo a few nipples?
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post

I've seen it done in sprinkler work. A guy need a 10' riser nipple in an attic system, so he used about five 1-1/4" screw couplings and whatever scrap pipe he had left.

Comment

Merry Christmas to you as well NH.

Or should I've said "Happy Holidays"?

We can have that debate next.

Nah I'm just messing around.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

Comment

seeing you didn't bring it up, the k-60 is the king of all drain cleaning machines

no need to debate it as it's already known by all

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

All chistmas means to me is a bunch of work and only 2 weeks 'til mexico... which, oddly, is plenty enough for me to celebrate. Merry xmas. Drums rule sectionals drool, all over everything.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I do like the K60 but there is still a soft spot in my heart for my old faithful K50

Yea, string dem nipples together, how bad could it look
                          sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas all
                            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Merry Christmas to all and I'm thinking of switching over to flat rate billing... any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X