X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mansfield Toilets?

Use their line much? Mostly builders models carried here. Interesting videos.

Opinions?

Thanks.

J.C.

(Couldn't get the video to direct link.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/mansfieldplumbing

Re: Mansfield Toilets?

There is a ton of Mansfield toilets around here. The bottom line is if you want a cheap toilet, get a Mansfield.

If you want a good toilet, get something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      There is a ton of Mansfield toilets around here. The bottom line is if you want a cheap toilet, get a Mansfield.

If you want a good toilet, get something else.
      Are they all bad? Or just certain models?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Back before the 1.6 gpf was around, Mansfield was my go to water closet. I still buy their brass ball cocks.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Back before the 1.6 gpf was around, Mansfield was my go to water closet. I still buy their brass ball cocks.
          Do those have a removeable seat? And if they do...what is the seat made out of? I'm speaking straight out of the box what kinda seat does it have?

Comment

Maybe I should clarify my other statement some. The only supply house in town has been pushing these toilets for between 8 and 10 years now. There are a ton of them out here because of that, but they are all the cheap model.

If someone calls me and wants a toilet based solely on price, they get a Mansfield brand toilet. It is the cheapest toilet I will supply.

If they want a quality toilet and price is not the only concern they have, then they get something with a three inch flush valve, or sometimes a pressure assist, depending on the situation.

I unclog a lot of the cheap Mansfield toilets. They just don't have the flushing power to clear the bowl after a heavy bowel movement. I also run into a lot of Mansfield toilets with manufacturing defects on them. That could be because I deal with more Mansfield toilets then any other manufacturer. I can't say for certain.

I installed a Mansfield toilet in a rental house I was living in several years back. I had to unclog the darn thing a few times a week. When I bought my house, I noticed the plumber installed Mansfield toilets in it. The first day the house was mine, I removed the toilets and installed two Kohler Cimarron toilets. I've had maybe three problems in over four years with them.

All that is just about the flushing system. Don't get me started on the problems with the cheap plastic ballcock they use or the new tank to bowl kit with the plastic nuts.

Comment

I remember the Mansfield flush assembly as its own beast... Kinda like the new class 4 Kohler Flush towers. I have not seen a new one in some time... Are any of the cheap toilets really any different from each other?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                I remember the Mansfield flush assembly as its own beast... Kinda like the new class 4 Kohler Flush towers. I have not seen a new one in some time... Are any of the cheap toilets really any different from each other?
                Good point.

The second and third version they've just went to the flapper and Fluidmaster combo.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  Vorten makes a cheap toilet that flushes fine.

Comment

nothing wrong with mansfields, there good toilets at a fair price.

Comment

My local supply offers the Mansfield and the Gerber Viper....new construction guys put in the Mansfield and us service guys replace them with in a few years with the Gerber Viper...I never did like how those Mansfields flush. We call them Mansjunk...just my two bright pennies worth!
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I have repaired 4 mansfield toilets in the past week. All 4 needed ballcocks and flush valve seals. The owners had no other complaints with them. When a customer calls and requests service for a toilet,faucet or whatever I always ask if they are happy with the fixture etc etc other than the obvious problem they are calling about. No one complained of any other problems with the mansfield other than tank parts.

Comment

I've had good luck with Western toilets for the cheap installs.
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Working...
                          X