Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know of a flat sewer Backwater valve?

I am looking for a backwater valve to be used outside, (no vault) but it must have a inlet and outlet that are level so it can be installed without having to lower the sewer side of the line. All the outside ones I have seen have the downstream side lower and you loose grade if you can't chase the pipe out and lower it. If you loose the grade all the solids build up at the flapper and it may or may not work when needed. An extendable installation is what I want.
    Last edited by Cuda; 12-27-2010, 11:44 AM.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Anybody know of a flat sewer Backwater valve?

http://www.plastictrends.com/product...lve_series.php
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Yes a flat design like that, but it must extend to the surface to be serviced, there is no room to make a vault. The average distance is 5' to 8'.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
        Yes a flat design like that, but it must extend to the surface to be serviced, there is no room to make a vault. The average distance is 5' to 8'.
        I have put in a few of these Clean Check. They work great as long as you install it in the sanitary sewer, and not the storm line.

http://cleancheck.rectorseal.com/menu.htm
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The clean check is the best I have found as it specs to a 1/2 inch difference between the inlet and outlet and the others I have found are 1.5 inch. But even the 1/2 inch is more then I want.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I know nothing, but i make stuff. Any chance of using new off set guts and making what You need ??
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Cuda, to be honest that 1/2 is still pretty flat. I have installed this on many flat sewers and never had a problem yet.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I am looking for a backwater valve to be used outside, (no vault) but it must have a inlet and outlet that are level so it can be installed without having to lower the sewer side of the line. All the outside ones I have seen have the downstream side lower and you loose grade if you can't chase the pipe out and lower it. If you loose the grade all the solids build up at the flapper and it may or may not work when needed. An extendable installation is what I want.

How about this?

http://www.backwatervalve.ca/why-mainline-valve.html

Comment

Originally posted by whallupaz View Post
                  Nice but that one has a 3/4" offset ..I have installed many that are perfectly even on both ends..Oatey maybe
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I want a flat one but that can be extended to the surface with pvc or abs say 4-6 feet, and you can service the valve, without needing to build a vault so a man can go down to it. This is residential and I will probably have 200 of them to install but a low budget to work with so the less excavation the better. I have already seen several bad installations, where they didn't care about grade and just did a quick install. Like tool said " might have to make one" Just kidding I can't it has to be a product that is produced with insurance.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      I have put in a few of these Clean Check. They work great as long as you install it in the sanitary sewer, and not the storm line.

http://cleancheck.rectorseal.com/menu.htm
                      Same here. I don't know your job at all but 1/2" difference shouldn't be a problem.....Should it?

Most excavations are going to end up a minimum of 6' to 8' in length to be safe to get a man in there and/or a trench box plus just part of digging.

Then you can cut a longer section to tweak out the difference depending on grade.

Good luck. I'd like to see some pics. if you get it.

J.C.

Comment

1/2" will matter in the end because it is a temp fix to a bigger problem, after 3 years have gone by that 1/2" will look much worse because of excavation and settiling, and this will be looked at with pointing fingers as to who's fault it it is. But the volume of work is my end all goal with an installation that can not be challenged by the nest person who comes along. End all thing I see is nobody makes a flat B/W retrofit valve that goes to the surface probably some design thing that needs a little pool of water to enact. I think there is room for the product i want to be made. I want to disturb as little soil as possible with my vacuum excavator and install a B/W valve with grade and make it have some profit.
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I guess since there is no product that fits what I need I really need to learn how to write the contract with big goverments to suit my needs which are I get more to preform (chase the pipe) what needs to be done for a satisfactory job. and not be held liable at a later date. lol
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

cuda, since i know your project i fully understand your concerns.

but the 1/2'' is most likely the least offset you'll find. i had the same issue and 1/2'' was the best i could find.

not sure if you'll get the green light from the city, but when it comes down to $, they might let you slide.

good luck with the project.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

1/2" will matter in the end because it is a temp fix to a bigger problem, after 3 years have gone by that 1/2" will look much worse because of excavation and settiling.
                              Excavate to within a 1/2" of the bottom of the pipe, making a small bell hole for each cut into the existing line, cut the pipe, remove the unwanted section, fill the holes and grade the trench, with compensation for the 1/2" differential in the valve, removing the hump left from the imprint and tamp, tamp, tamp, install the valve and pour a slurry under the pipe ( I prefer non shrinking plaster, but you count use a sand and cement mix), let it set up a little, making sure you fill all the voids, backfill around the pipe with sand giving it at least a foot of cover, finish filling with clean spoils. I'd be willing to risk that in three years there would be negligible settling.

Comment

Working...
                              X