X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pex at the HD

Well its all over now for copper. Was at the HD getting a new flashlight. Saw in the plumbing department rolls and rolls of Shark-Bite Pex, fittings with copper crimp rings and crimping tools and a pex ring cutter.

I just wonder how long they plan on selling the stuff. The city this HD is in does not allow Pex for potable water systems. Also it is exposed to the lighting which is fluorescent lights which a 1993 study in the US found that UV exposure from sitting under fluorescent lights for eight hours is equivalent to only one minute of sun exposure. So if it sits there for who knows how long it is slowly being degraded. Sorry no pictures my cell was in the van.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Pex at the HD

I know the HD's in the Las Vegas area have been set up like that for the last few years now.

Comment

well, one thing HD is good for is making sure there is plenty of service work.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I guess it is a good thing not to have a HD in your town ..

Comment

i've seen it at some of the area h.d and lowes.

what's amazing is the nations higest grossing h.d is the one i go to in marina del rey. they don't carry it, yet nor cpvc.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Not sure if our local HD has any. I refuse to set foot in there due to the fact that they try to put the contractor out of business (unless signed up for them).

Not sure why they, or any store would sell something that is not code.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
              Not sure if our local HD has any. I refuse to set foot in there due to the fact that they try to put the contractor out of business (unless signed up for them).

How do you feel about the Home Depot selling Ridgid tools?

Comment

They have AAV valves in stock in every hardware store I walk into. You know as well as I do they do not meet Illinois Code at all. I was told a long time ago they can sell anything they want, cause they do not know what the person buying is going to use it for. Still I agree with you that they should not be selling a product that does not meet the code in the area.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

every plumbing supply sells offset closet rings, which are not legal too

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    every plumbing supply sells offset closet rings, which are not legal too

rick.
                    Pvc flange extenders too. I dont think those are legal..or are they? I know of one supply house that sells steel closet bolts and i've nver seen an inspector pop off the closet caps to check.

Some toilets are sold with steel tank bolts also.....I find them all the time in toilets rusting away.

Comment

i was at 3 different HD stores today. chicago ridge,orland park and bedford park, all in illinois. all had pex pipe and fittings.cant use it in all three cities.i asked a guy in the chicago ridge store store if they sold any and he said they didnt.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        How do you feel about the Home Depot selling Ridgid tools?
                        It upsets me. And it just forces me to buy online.

Comment

Originally posted by SEWERRAT66 View Post
                          i was at 3 different HD stores today. chicago ridge,orland park and bedford park, all in illinois. all had pex pipe and fittings.cant use it in all three cities.i asked a guy in the chicago ridge store store if they sold any and he said they didnt.
                          My take is copper costs a lot (homeowners are cheap) and PEX takes less skill to use.

Comment

It upsets me. And it just forces me to buy online.
                            Your supply houses cant order ridgid for you?

Comment

Back in NC they sold water heater flexes at the home improvement stores, at least for the counties we worked in the inspectors didn't allow them. Happens all over the place. Doesn't make it right, but here we are.
                              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                              X