X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drive time

In many instances the unions have outlived or forgotten their original intent. Unfortunately the corruption within has eaten away like a cancer. I think that unions could be a valuable thing again but all the pork at the top needs to be cut away.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      In many instances the unions have outlived or forgotten their original intent. Unfortunately the corruption within has eaten away like a cancer. I think that unions could be a valuable thing again but all the pork at the top needs to be cut away.
      For sure. Start watching this one at the 2:30 mark.....or watch the whole thing....but pay close attention at 2:30 mark. The guy goes from appartment handyman to the Home Depot then to the Union.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyP3j...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by spoonleg View Post
        Dunbar, I tell you what sir. The next closed door meeting me and him have I give you my word I will bring it up. Until then, thanks Breid for the advice, I will document everything.

I just find it funny that anyone would not pay their employees when they do something like that. Actually friday my boss asked me if I would use my personal vehicle to wrap a job up.

THAT gentlemen is what pisses me off most. Getting told point blank we won't even get paid to drive to the shop, then asked to drive my own vehicle in rush hour traffic for work? You ask me that sir you must be outside your effing mind.
        Our pockets (bosses) aren't unlimited. People from the outside don't understand that. Your boss is the one taking all the risks to feed you. Be grateful you have a paying job.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
          Our pockets (bosses) aren't unlimited. People from the outside don't understand that. Your boss is the one taking all the risks to feed you. Be grateful you have a paying job.
          next time one of your customers says that i want you to smile and say "Your right" and take what they give you.

Comment

Unions I belonged to Carp. Local 40 Boston, 22 S.F. 971 reno, 1001
            coos bay oregon. Pile drivers 37 Oakland ca. Worked with a lot of good hands. But way too many unskilled bums. It was sad some poor out of town cont. got stuck with them. the hardest working hands I worked with ,were the pile Bucks. Balls to the wall all day. Cutting off concrete piles sideways with a jack hammer was brutal. And You never new which way the pile would chase You! Going to welding school, and getting Certified changed all that. Unions screwed themselves !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
              Please cue the violins for the poor misunderstood business owners who toil 26 hours a day for the welfare of their employees. My employer doesn't feed me, my skill and talent feed me. if I'm not working for him I'll go somewhere else.

Comment

Best of luck with that. Your boss is the guy that has the skills, took the risk, and built the business.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  Best of luck with that. Your boss is the guy that has the skills, took the risk, and built the business.
                  All thats true and because of all that is why he must follow the laws of business in his state.

The original poster could and should call his states authority or contact a labor law attorney.

If his boss is not conforming to labor laws and his competition is...how is that fair? It's not fair for the employees or the competition.

If the original posters boss is following the law then the original poster can like it or leave. If the boss is not following the law then he can get ready to pay. Simple as that.

Comment

NH do you pay drive time from your shop
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

If it were me..I would pay for drive time.

Comment

Originally posted by hvac hawk View Post
                        nh do you pay drive time from your shop
                        x2

Comment

I pay drive time from the shop to the job only.
                          sigpic

Comment

If they take the work truck home, do you pay them for drive? I say no way I am paying someone's gas and commute time.

Comment

I take a work truck home. I don't get paid for my drivetime to the shop, but Once I start heading to my first job i'm on the clock. I don't stop at the shop on my home, but I clock out when I pass the shop on the highway.

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                              If they take the work truck home, do you pay them for drive? I say no way I am paying someone's gas and commute time.
                              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

there are a lot of good opinions here. I have been an employee and an employer too so I can't give a definite stand on this. But if the drive time is between the office hours, it should be paid. Before 8am and after 5pm, its case to case basis.
                                hot water systems

Comment

Working...
                                X