Figure Five Fitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Figure Five Fitting

I like them on their sides. Thats when I pull out my viking jetter and use the cornering nozzle to make the turn and get the line open.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

MoJourneyman...this particular setup that got me started was in a medical office...so they are already up in a roar at opening the sewer and stinking up the joint...my goodness i think they would faint if i told them i got to cut in a different access...let alone i'm not quite crazy enough to try to cable something that high up in the air from the ground....
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

not sure a drop head would work in this situation...but hell who knows...

Derek

Comment

Seweratz...jetting was not an option as I was in a second level finished bathroom...but after taking that cap off it might have not made much difference!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            Looks more like a double combo to me than a double wye and nothing like a figure 5

Than I guess we're going to have a real hard time with a "Figure 1A"

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Than I guess we're going to have a real hard time with a "Figure 1A"
              Ha...now that's funny!

Derek

Comment

Figure #5

For vertical use only
                The internal slope of the figure #5 is such that a cable is forced downward and should not run horizontally through the fitting.

Figure #1

Same as above

A couple years ago I had a problem with two toto drakes plumbed back to back using a fig #5 and closet bends. When one flushed the dam on the other would bubble and ripple (which turned out to be a problem Toto was aware of). Had to reconfigure the below floor waste, capping one inlet and adding a combo and healout so each wc was on it's own riser.
                Last edited by Plumbus; 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                  Figure #5

For vertical use only
                  The internal slope of the figure #5 is such that a cable is forced downward and should not run horizontally through the fitting.

Figure #1

Same as above

A couple years ago I had a problem with two toto drakes plumbed back to back using a fig #5 and closet bends. When one flushed the dam on the other would bubble and ripple (which turned out to be a problem Toto was aware of). Had to reconfigure the below floor waste, capping one inlet and adding a combo and healout so each wc was on it's own riser.

I agree it should be vertical only but code does allow horizontal which is just stupid in my opinion...thats why i think Drtyhands is right about using acomby upstream with a wye to an eighth downstream....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                    I agree it should be vertical only but code does allow horizontal which is just stupid in my opinion...
                    It's not code in UPC country. The reason is that there is no way to get fall from both inlets in a horizontal position. To achieve that, the manufacturer would have to cast the fitting so the two inlets were 176° center to center when stood on end. But, they don't.

Comment

It's not code in UPC country. The reason is that there is no way to get fall from both inlets in a horizontal position. To achieve that, the manufacturer would have to cast the fitting so the two inlets were 176° center to center when stood on end. But, they don't.
                      We are also UPC... but the inspector looks at the plans then the plumbing and say looks good...even if the plans come from out of state and from a different code...so i cant figure out how that works exactly...

Derek

Comment

A couple years ago I had a problem with two toto drakes plumbed back to back using a fig #5 and closet bends. When one flushed the dam on the other would bubble and ripple (which turned out to be a problem Toto was aware of). Had to reconfigure the below floor waste, capping one inlet and adding a combo and healout so each wc was on it's own riser.[/QUOTE]

a double figure 6 would be the right fitting with a built in baffle. the figure 8 is the horizontal version of the vertical figure 6.

see catalog page 12 and 13. http://tylerpipe.com/documents/catalog2008web.pdf

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Hmmm...very interesting...the only problem I see is a figure eight does not give a 4" branch outlet only a 2" which a 4" in my case is needed. I do like the ideal of a figure six but would still have concerns that with one side only being a toilet about 60 to 65 foot away and the other side being a single sink with little usage that the baffling still might create the same stoppage...but having said that it does appear that a figure six would make the cable go the right direction and unclog the system...which is better than standing on a 12 foot ladder dumping sewage out of the top of it! I assume these fittings are still on the market in cast iron? Just notice that a figure six is not in a branch 4" as well...crap...

Derek

Comment

both the fig. 6 and 8 are designed for toilets. the 2'' connection is a vent ony. that contains the baffle and you can't connect a waste line to it.

the branch lines come in either a 3'' or 4'' single or double.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Figure #5

For vertical use only

Figure #1

Same as above

It should force a cable downward, but it does not. The cable may angle a little downward but not enough, and catches the slop on the other side and comes up the other side. But thats really shouldn't be a problem since my code states pulling a water closet is not to be considered a clean out. If the new construction plumber puts a clean out above that fitting all should go well.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              Ron's Facebook
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                both the fig. 6 and 8 are designed for toilets. the 2'' connection is a vent ony. that contains the baffle and you can't connect a waste line to it.

the branch lines come in either a 3'' or 4'' single or double.

rick.
                                Okay....I am retarded....I read your link at 6 a.m.....now that I am awake I see it now...thanks so much...thats awesome!!!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X