Figure Five Fitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figure Five Fitting

Are figure five fittings allowed in your code area or do you even use them in a complete horizontal position? This is a more frequent practice here nowadays to put these in and one branch will be a toilet and the other side is a fixture that does not get much use. So whats happening is paper is clogging in the outfall of fitting. Then when you cable the drain the paper is so packed in there it makes your cable jump to the other side...and of course you can't go through the top because its capped and not accessible. This is so frustrating when the line is over heard 14 to 16 feet in the air or under concrete. So any input on this practice?
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Re: Figure Five Fitting

We're still putting them in.You have a flexble leadern the end of your cable?

Edit:
    Vertically
    Last edited by drtyhands; 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM. Reason: Didn't catch it first read through

Comment

Hey Plumberscrack,
      Now that I have your 18" leader for my 7/8" sectional,have you ever made a lead weight that can be fastened in the end to pull a bit down into the figure fitting?
      All it woud be is a lead kitchen faucet hose wieght with maybe longer screws and a wad of macguyver tape.
      Sewer Ratz?

Comment

I do in fact have a flexible leader...first thing I tried...with several different cutter bits...not much luck...what are you suggesting involving a flexible leader?

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
          I do in fact have a flexible leader...first thing I tried...with several different cutter bits...not much luck...what are you suggesting involving a flexible leader?
          I was actually hoping you could get something to drop low enough on the leader to catch catch an edge.You try bending the end of the cable at a 45 yet.

Comment

I have to ask what is a figure five fitting?
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

i use a inner core cable so you know how fun that is trying to bend...plus the fitting was 65 foot away going thru a toilet flange then thru two more 1/8 bends...i dunno i guess i just think it should be like a cross...only standing up applications....

Derek

Comment

the rick reverse auger is the trick to getting it to go down. bend a 45 and use a locking vice grip with the handles in the same direction as the offset. this way you know where your drop leg is.

once you have it in. take off the vice grips and run it in your machine. a sectional is easier to do that trick with

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Seweratz...you might know it as a double wye....and Rick...i use a k-7500...don't have a sectional

Derek

Comment

Here
                    Attached Files

Comment

ahh a double wye. Eel makes an adaptor to use their 1 1/4 cutters on the 3/4" cables. They also make a drop head fitting to use with their 1 1/4 cutters.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      Ron's Facebook
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

suspended overhead, i'd cut the line open for closer access. buried in concrete, I have a leader for my k7500 I heated and bent to a 45, make enough passes at the fitting and it is bound to make the drop.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                          i use a inner core cable so you know how fun that is trying to bend...plus the fitting was 65 foot away going thru a toilet flange then thru two more 1/8 bends...i dunno i guess i just think it should be like a cross...only standing up applications....
                          You're right.Typically one will see comby upstream with a wye to an eighth downstream to make up the difference.
                          Last edited by drtyhands; 01-03-2011, 08:40 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

As it probably should be in my opinion...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              ahh a double wye. Eel makes an adaptor to use their 1 1/4 cutters on the 3/4" cables. They also make a drop head fitting to use with their 1 1/4 cutters.
                              Looks more like a double combo to me than a double wye and nothing like a figure 5

Comment

Working...
                              X