No announcement yet.

Underground Concrete pipe leak?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underground Concrete pipe leak?

I was asked by a local mobile home park to look into an issues they were having. The asphalt was slightly collapsing several times right above where we know a 24" concrete storm sewer runs. After digging it up, I found the concrete to be in excellent condition, even the hub joint seems to be good. My question is for all of you underground utility contractors. What are the chances that there is a crack on the bottom half of the pipe(which happens to be under ground water)? What would the best way to locate any leaks be? Anything more then a quick repair would be beyond my experience but I would like to know just for future reference. Thanks.

Re: Underground Concrete pipe leak?

Can you make a coffer dam and bypass pump so you can get a good look at the flow line and joints?

I've installed concrete pipe and I don't like it. If you replace it I'd go with HDPE.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland