X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakman shower valves

I am trying to locate a company that sells Speakman Tub/shower valves that were produced roughly 50 years ago.

The tub/shower valve was leaking on the hot side. I replaced the gasket on the end of the valve stem and was trying to replace the brass seat thatis threaded into the valve body. The seat is stripped and will not thread out.

This tub/shower valve has a spread of 6" between the hot & cold faucets.

I am looking for any type of assistance that can be provided.

The owner does not want to replace the ceramic tile.

Re: Speakman shower valves

there are older price pfister valves that used brass nipples to adjust the spread. might have better luck with those.

remember that these valves don't meet current anti-scald laws.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DBEHRENS View Post
      I am trying to locate a company that sells Speakman Tub/shower valves that were produced roughly 50 years ago.

The tub/shower valve was leaking on the hot side. I replaced the gasket on the end of the valve stem and was trying to replace the brass seat thatis threaded into the valve body. The seat is stripped and will not thread out.

This tub/shower valve has a spread of 6" between the hot & cold faucets.

I am looking for any type of assistance that can be provided.

The owner does not want to replace the ceramic tile.
      You need a faucet seat easy out. It threads itself into the stripped seat and MOST of the time you can remove it..if its even removeable. Some older valves did not have removeable seats.

If you cant get the seat out and theres still good brass left you can also install a seat inside the old seat.

Try Lockeplumbing.com for parts.

Comment

Can you dress the seat? I know....borrowed time.

J.C.

Comment

I've had great luck with faucetstems.com they are great at telling you exactly which model it is with just one picture of the stem next to a tape measure.

Comment

I 've had quite a few seats I thought would never come out..Sometimes you have to actually hammer the seat wrench into the seat and cut into it then use a crescent wrench/ channel locks on the seat wrench..Then in goes the new seat and new stems ..Then
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X