X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just One Code!

Here in MD. when the local jurisdiction adopted the IPC . One inspector came out to a job and stated " International Code Anything Goes". I said "Yep pretty much".
    Last edited by OLD1; 01-07-2011, 12:59 PM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
      Her in MD. when the local jurisdiction adopted the IPC . One inspector came out to a job and stated " International Code Anything Goes". I said "Yep pretty much".

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        A unified code is more than possible, just not probable. Mostly because of our old friend....money. Too many fingers in the pot so to speak.
        what caod is NH under ICP
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
          what caod is nh under icp
          ipc
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
            We are in the same boat all we have here is the IL coad book and the Chicago coad book only good thing about the Chicago CB is theres no little areas to add addendums but out of Chicago you are in the IL coad and every Tom D!ck and Harry plumbing inspector adds there own addendums in there towns . I wish I could remember the town but up close to the boarder of WC. the company I work for was bidding 2 houses out for a builder and they ended up passing the job up when they found out the 80 year old part time plumbing inspector still required galvi. screw pipe for water I meen welcome to the 21 century budy and cast and gal. screw for sewer I was almost waiting to see if he wanted us to wipe a lead joint for the water service

I'm making a guess that it's probably Lake Forest,Il. with C.I and galv. W+V.....
            Last edited by leakfree; 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM.
            Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Comment

we be under the Idiots Plumbing Code, wherein any fool with a pair of pex cutters and a case of Studor Vents can be a plumber

I have always found that venting a toilet seemed a bit of a waste of time when you consider that a toilet is a fully, self siphoning fixture and siphons only siphon if you don't vent them. IPC says you have to have a vent somewhere within the system. Could be a half mile away

If you somehow could crown vent the S trap on a toilet, would it still siphon flush or would it just gravity/atmospheric pressure flush?
              So, why bother to vent a toilet line. What is that vent really venting? Cause it's not venting the toilet trap.
              Last edited by NHMaster3015; 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                We are maxed at 6',that's including riser.So I guess toilet's don't need a vent after all.
                Not anymore. Can you say "horizontal wet vent"? As in, the WC in a bathroom group as well as the shower or tub can be vented off the horizontal trunck line by way of the branch for the lavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                  Not anymore. Can you say "horizontal wet vent"? As in, the WC in a bathroom group as well as the shower or tub can be vented off the horizontal trunck line by way of the branch for the lavy.
                  Wait a minute,No (say for instance)comby on a trap arm.Are they saying the trunk breaks the siphon,what about the vacuum from water rushing by.What about the toilet that would not flush properly because the vent was plugged with a Birdsnest and leaves.
                  So how are they allowing it?
                  The same as a combination waste and vent where they want you to take the vent from the furthest point upstream.

Hot doggitty,I'm goin' to order me up a couple busloads.Train these boys,Call-em master plumers by lunchtime.

Comment

I've never really worried about the vent on a toilet, it's usually vented incidentally by the lav right next to it.

we do have some guys that don't know any way to pipe a bathroom group but with a 3x2 cross tee under the closet, lav on one arm, tub on the other, everything gets vented. but damn it's ugly.

I hate some of our new construction guys.
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                    X