Dja box'em?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dja box'em?

I stopped at a local plumbing supply house yesterday waiting for my supplies. This is one of the smaller supply houses in town but I like them since they stock unusual/odd parts for remodeling / service situations. The counter guys also are very knowledgeable with obscure faucet parts. But I digress.

I was sitting at the counter waiting for my parts to show up a newish stock person guy/kid was walking down the aisle which is located just past the partition where the counter people work. The aisle is parallel to the counter but behind a wall /partition. There are a couple of wide doorways between the counter area and this aisle behind the partition. So this fellow is walking along and suddenly without warning a water heater shaped box falls on him from above! He vanishes! The box is there in his place! No shocked scream or anything. Silence.

The box stops then starts moving, moves a couple feet then tilts over. The kid was inside the box! He tilted over and pushed it off. All the while not saying a word. Meanwhile there's chuckling, and sounds of satisfaction from out of sight. The boxed kid's looking around trying to figure out what's going on then walks out of sight.

Someone standing up above on the 2nd floor had waited for the kid to get to the right spot then sprung his trap. Dropping the top half of an empty water heater box over him as he was walking underneath.

My counter guy comes in with my parts, in a different box. Looking down into my parts box without a glance over his shoulder says in a slightly loud voice... "Dja box him?". Response from the back... "Yep"...

Just another day at the supply house of horror.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Dja box'em?

I think that's called hazing.
    We got a lawyer out here that puts lawsuits together for lesbian firemen that can get your kid at least $2,000,000.

Comment

i once squeezed inside a kitchen cabinet and waited for my coworker to hook up the sink. when he opened up the door, he screamed like a little girl.

don was a vietnam vet and was a little gun shy

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

For $2,000,000.00 I'll become a lesbian fireman.
        When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Was working in the attic of an apartment complex rehab job. They had rat traps wired to the roof trusses so they could not haul the traps off. There was a very nice looking skeleton in one. The mechanic I was working with was down the floor below running the waste / vent for new washer boxes. One guy was up on a ladder soldering .I was able to tie off the skeleton and let her dangle strategically at point point blank range . Well when he turned around ol' ratty and him were eye to eye.It was one of the funniest reactions I have ever seen out of anyone..Needless to say I fetched lunch for the rest of the job.
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            I think that's called hazing.
            We got a lawyer out here that puts lawsuits together for lesbian firemen that can get your kid at least $2,000,000.
            I think it's just a practical joke and wasn't meant to be mean spirited. That's not the culture in that shop.

Maybe we can get that rat skeleton and hang it in that back aisle...

My dad once put a dead squirrel (road kill) in the bottom tray of an "in" box on a desk of a guy at a different plumbing supply shop. The fellow who sits at the desk sat down and worked for a few minutes then finally noticed the squirrel and about had a heart attack and fell over backwards trying to get away.
            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I suggest we turn this into a "you're best work related prank" thread. Who's in?

I myself am not much of a prankster while working so it's up to everyone else to put in their stories.
              Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Working...
              X