Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rpz at lowes

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    I like how my supply houses carry Ridgid, Milwaukee and Lennox, they deliver, their prices are at least 10% lower and they don't sell wholesale to homeowners. I like the free delivery. I like that they send a salesman around weekly to take my orders. I like how they offer free seminars for new equipment. I like how they will personally deliver emergency supplies to the jobsite and Instantly stand behind their products without having to ship them back to China. Since my suppliers have treated me so well over the past 40 years or so I feel obligated and somewhat privileged to give them my loyalty and support. Oh yea, counter days, free lunches, summer barbecues and the deep sea fishing with free booze. Screw the big box stores.
    We have a supply house like that thats about an hour north east of where I am. I always feel bad having them deliver my small orders but they do it happily. They are one of the few that will not sell to the open public either. The ones that are local to me do have open doors to the public, which makes me sad. They claim to sell the products to walk ins at full retail list, but I heard people quoted prices that where the same as what I pay.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      So why doesn't every supply house conduct business as yours do?
      Can't answer that TM. I have 4 plumbing supply houses within 30 miles of each other and they all offer superb service to plumbers. I guess it depends on where you are located. The east coast has been a hot bed of plumbing supplies for over a hundred years. We don't do fergusons around here. Only the small time hacks use HD and Lowes. Probably because they can't get credit at the supply houses cause they are deadbeats.
      sigpic

Comment

Can't answer that TM. I have 4 plumbing supply houses within 30 miles of each other and they all offer superb service to plumbers. I guess it depends on where you are located. The east coast has been a hot bed of plumbing supplies for over a hundred years. We don't do fergusons around here. Only the small time hacks use HD and Lowes. Probably because they can't get credit at the supply houses cause they are deadbeats.
        You can get that service around here but you must buy hundreds of thousands...not 10's of thousands worth of supplies. So the supply houses focus their sales efforts on larger companies. I dont blame them,they hafta make their cheese.

I get great deals from every supply house except fergi...I dont do fergi either. I almost beat one of their employeees down when he worked at another supply house and they are super slow and they dont have anything I cant get other places.

I have two friends that distributers for about 10 brands......and the take good care of me. They like the spending cash so the supply house doesn't see much of me as they are being screwed on the back end.

I go to big box usually when I need alot of diffferent type items and they have them all or I can get the best deal on a particular product. It might be plumbing items or it might be a chainsaw.

Comment

Our local Ferguson is competitive on water heater prices, and carry some stock that the other supply houses do not. I deal with three supply houses on a regular basis, which includes the one that does free delivery. Each one carries different products, for example one carries, Kohler, the other American Standard. Two of them carry Bradford White, and the third State water heaters. We have accounts at a few others but use them for supplies the other three do not carry, which is not all that often.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            We have a supply house like that thats about an hour north east of where I am. I always feel bad having them deliver my small orders but they do it happily. They are one of the few that will not sell to the open public either. The ones that are local to me do have open doors to the public, which makes me sad. They claim to sell the products to walk ins at full retail list, but I heard people quoted prices that where the same as what I pay.

Michael Wagner & Sons?

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
              Michael Wagner & Sons?
              Of course. lol They are one of the best guys in the area.

Comment

Just my 2 cents on the big box stores. But I try to trade with those who trade with me.
                I don't need to spend my hard earned money where they tell my potential customers to forget the plumber.

The following is a quote from their website.

"Need to replace your toilet? Forget the plumber! Watch this video and learn how to easily do it yourself".

Copy and paste this link to your browser and see what I mean.

http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Ba...atalogId=10053

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                  Just my 2 cents on the big box stores. But I try to trade with those who trade with me.
                  I don't need to spend my hard earned money where they tell my potential customers to forget the plumber.

The following is a quote from their website.

"Need to replace your toilet? Forget the plumber! Watch this video and learn how to easily do it yourself".

Copy and paste this link to your browser and see what I mean.

http://www.homedepot.com/Plumbing-Ba...atalogId=10053
                  Isn't it amazing that my phone still rings? I bought a faucet today at homie depot....I bet I made more than home depot did on the faucet when i sold it. Point being I dont care where it comes from if i can make my cheese. I dont sweat homeowners or handihacks.....they dont service my customers anyway. Just my point of view

Comment

I guess I am done buying Watts, especially since they appear to be made in China. The 009s need to be thrown out if they do not test well or they leak. I will never rebuild one again, it is a waste of time, especially the smaller sizes.

Does anyone have any experience with the Zurn 375 RPZ. Is it as good as Zurn says it is? Does it come apart as easily as it is supposed to.

Comment

Watts RPZ's and the majority of their back flow products are manufactured right here in New Hampshire.
                      sigpic

Comment

Watts RPZ's and the majority of their back flow products are manufactured right here in New Hampshire.
                        Sorry but that is not the case. The ones I have purchased at local suppliers recently (plumbing wholesalers) have definitely not been made in N.H., I wish they were.

At one time, a few years ago they were labeled as being either made in Mexico or assembled in Mexico (I forget which) but the newer ones are of Chinese manufacture. If you look at the picture originally posted for this thread, the labels and boxes appear to be of Chinese printing and I will bet that the box is labeled "China", that is, the box manufacturer's stamp on the bottom.The products are probably labeled China as well. I will check my local Lowes to see if these are on the shelves.

It is very sad to me that so much is being produced in China today. It is ironic that their quality is improving on some products so that we can not even accurately complain about the " junk" that they produce. We are losing our manufacturing assets while they are building new, modern plants with our money, dies, molds, and hired know-how.

Comment

Went to Loews today.

The products on the shelves with old dating may have been made in USA. The products with labels dated since 2008 said "Made In China" Some of the products did not say where they were made but the quality of some of the components was definitely NOT of U.S. made quality.

The RPZs were in sealed boxes and I didn't have the guts to open them up. The boxes were made in the U.S., but the labels looked like they were printed elsewhere. Stay tuned for further developments

Comment

Working...
                          X