Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who is able to shut the curb stop off?

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    I have a feeling a lot more cities will be fining people for touching the B-box. Ever since the big box stores are selling the b-box keys, they been having a rash of random people having their water turned off for no reason.
    I hate to break the news to you but home depot has been selling them for over 20 years here and I have never had a customer call and me go to the job and their water was turned off by a random person nor have I ever heard of that happening. Thanks for your post....its a first for me and it seems to happen alot for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz
      Well I do live in an area that has a population of over 9,000,000 so the odds of vandalism will be greater here than it would in some back woods town.

Also I never gotten any calls from a customer with their water randomly turned off. The residents around here seem to know to call the city or village when they do not have any water. Now I have gotten some no hot water calls to find that the gas was turned off by the gas company.
      And the rate of metal illness is higher in places with 9,000,000 as well. How many people is a "rash" when your talking about 9 million people?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
        And the rate of metal illness is higher in places with 9,000,000 as well. How many people is a "rash" when your talking about 9 million people?
        Enough to where it made it in the news. Thats the only reason I knew of people having their water turned off by someone other than the city. I am not going to argue with you about what happens here and what does not. You seem to like to argue with a lot of people on this forum. It also seems you like to seek me out more so. BTW Chicago Faucet has been making the Quaturn cartridge since 1913.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I wouldn't be to worried about the water being shutoff but what about the gas valve on the side of every house that if shutoff in the winter could freeze up the house and cause massive damage. I guess I'm just always a little surprised that that sort of thing doesn't happen more often. As far as the water we aren't supposed to mess with them but if we have a gusher going and the house shutoff won't work the water co doesn't get to worked up as long as you call them first.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Enough to where it made it in the news. Thats the only reason I knew of people having their water turned off by someone other than the city. I am not going to argue with you about what happens here and what does not. You seem to like to argue with a lot of people on this forum. It also seems you like to seek me out more so. BTW Chicago Faucet has been making the Quaturn cartridge since 1913.
            WOW I never said it wasn't happening to you..and I even thank you for the post.

BTW I never said they haven't been making it since 1913.....I said thats what their tech support said. Go back and quote the post since you obviously dont remember.

Do you guys have lead drinking water pipes?

Comment

We can shut off in most localities around here but that's because we have a working relationship with the water districts. We do a lot of their service installs and all of their BFP installation and service.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X