Some days you are the Hammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some days you are the Hammer

Some days you are the hammer other days you are the nail... Snaking a drain and something started not to feel right so I walk through the house and what do I find

Hacktown comes back and bites me...

Not sure how, not sure why but this was my day...

Re: Some days you are the Hammer

MAN THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did it work out with the HO?

I feel for ya man. Thats got to be one shitty feeling when you walk in and see that!
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

and who said drums aren't messy

back to back

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I had one where I was rodding the kitchen sink, and about 20' in the cable felt funny. When I went into the basement sure enough there was my cable laying on the floor. It came out of the floor drain. I was lucky the basement was unfinished so clean up was a breeze.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Hell I can smell that room right now... just looking at it.

Looking at that tile, it probably etched it when the cable sat there turning.

I had something like this happen years ago, but it allowed 100 gallons of black waste to bellow out of a kitchen sink drain into a vacant apartment.

It took a hose to spray the floor out the back kitchen door. It was a tragedy indeed.

It's why I try to always clean drains with the customer moving around, listening to the cable turning below me.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

dam win some u lose some, hope u brought the simple green.

Comment

Thanks Bill. Showing the bad and the good we all get into.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                Looking at that tile, it probably etched it when the cable sat there turning.

Hell yeah it etched it, but he charged them extra for giving their plane old white floor a "marble look" to match the sink

I kinda like the swirl. a bit dark toward the shower but over all I say .

If your ever in Maine, bring your tools so you can do my counter tops
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I popped up through a floor drain into a boiler room once.

30' or so all coiled up nice behind the boiler. 3" root saw was around the fuel line looked like it was about 3 turns away from ripping it apart

Comment

Ouch!
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Dang Bill,I'm sorry.
                      Hopefully the customer knows who you are and know how much you care when this stuff happens.I know you're right on top of it and the homeowner is lucky is was you in their house when it happened.Most other guys get squirrely right about now.You got this one taken care of.

And like J.C. said,thank you so much for showing the humannes of all of us.
                      This place becomes almost unbareable sometimes with all these supermen leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

Comment

I hope the customers were decent, understanding folks.
                        I worked for My brother as an auto Mech.about 35 Years ago.
                        2 bad days came to mind. One was losing a car off a lift!
                        Second one was welding a rusted out frame. car burnt up!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

junkass chrome trap arms lord I hate them. plastic is so much better. so tough to make a customer understand that if it did that, it was done and needed replaced anyway.

back to backs take a feel that comes only from experience. it's all over the floor, so all you can take away from this one is knowledege of how it felt when it was going wrong. make it a positive by understanding when you might have stopped and reassessed and doing that the next time.
                          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Okie: It looks like you didn't kink the cable so that's good.

A while back I was cleaning a tub drain and the snake broke through the trap. The cable wrapped around the light pull chain in the basement and shut the light off.

Then, when I was trying to deal with the cable/trap mess the drain cleaner the people had put in the tub dripped all over my clothes while I was underneath. Two weeks later they were so full of holes I had to toss them.

Some days you're the nail. Some days I'm the sponge.
                            Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

That sucks...what more is there to say...
                              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X