Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new fill valve

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: new fill valve

    Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Rick, have you ever tried the Geberit valves. I used to swear by the fluidmasters but I had a bad run with a batch. Also found that the working pressures on the Geberit were better suited for pump systems.
    can you post a photo or a link. don't think they sell them in my market.

    fluidmaster is a local company/ 60 miles away.

    a couple years ago i did a service call for a homeowner that had a runny toilet. i installed a fluidmaster ballcock and she literally broke down in tears

    turns out her grandfather was 1 of the engineers that invented that ballcock since he was no longer around, she called her mom to get the whole story.

    pretty small world in the life of a plumber

    rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: new fill valve

      I have used the MJSI fill valves, installed them in my house to test. not worth the expense, 2 of them failed in under 12 months, running.

      Fluidmaster has a solid float design and that float holds water and hangs down causing the toilet to run, poor design. I replace at least 3 a week.

      I use the Brasscraft BCT015H

      Excellent design, cup float, 10 year warranty. Excellent price also, and not sold at home depot or big box stores.

      what more could you ask for?
      sigpic

      Robert

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: new fill valve

        Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

        Fluidmaster has a solid float design and that float holds water and hangs down causing the toilet to run, poor design. I replace at least 3 a week.
        Could you go into a bit of detail here....I'm all ears This should be fun.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: new fill valve

          Every Fluidmaster ballcock is tested before it leaves the factory. Fluidmaster own their own mold machine too. Quality assurance

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: new fill valve

            Originally posted by BCPLUMBER View Post
            who here has installed one of these fill valves?

            i just installed one @ my house, these are really nice. definitely my new favorite!

            they have a valve on the refill tube, finally someone figured out that you dont need all that water blowing down the drain.

            and they are cheaper than the fluid master 400

            found them at home depot


            http://www.gomjsi.com/products/overv...droclean_hc550
            I came across these valves that I had to take out due to them not working. I always thought the home owner bought them at the HD. I put in my Mansfield ballcock and they where very happy.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: new fill valve

              Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              I have used the MJSI fill valves, installed them in my house to test. not worth the expense, 2 of them failed in under 12 months, running.

              Fluidmaster has a solid float design and that float holds water and hangs down causing the toilet to run, poor design. I replace at least 3 a week.

              I use the Brasscraft BCT015H

              Excellent design, cup float, 10 year warranty. Excellent price also, and not sold at home depot or big box stores.

              what more could you ask for?
              i've tried the brasscraft and of course they are a fluidmaster type design. problem is they don't have the fluidmaster reputation. good luck getting the 10 year warranty. they will send you the part. you still get stuck going back for the running toilet.

              ps. i have the better part of a case of those brasscraft. i'll trade you my brasscraft for your fluidmasters any day of the week

              i'll even throw in some american standard smart valves too. guess what. when you call them and tell them their smart valves are junk and leak, they send you a fluidmaster for a replacement.

              brasscraft should stick to angle stops and let fluidmaster do what they do best. make ballcocks

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: new fill valve

                Although this new valve seems to have a few nice features, I would be a little worried about reliability. I'm not saying that it's not a good valve, I'm just saying I sleep better at night knowing the fluidmasters I'm using are so damn reliable and last forever. I'd take a customer's trust over a few nice features of a "new" (and unknown) valve anyday.
                Ideal Plumbing

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: new fill valve

                  as I agree in a lot of ways about the fluid master I do have a brasscraft fill valve in my toilet I installed in my house when I moved in 11 years ago and still running strong
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: new fill valve

                    Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                    Although this new valve seems to have a few nice features, I would be a little worried about reliability. I'm not saying that it's not a good valve, I'm just saying I sleep better at night knowing the fluidmasters I'm using are so damn reliable and last forever. I'd take a customer's trust over a few nice features of a "new" (and unknown) valve anyday.

                    Not so sure about the "last forever" part. I take out several every month that will no longer fill. After 8-10 years (much less if the customer was stupid enough to put chlorine tabs in the tank) the fluidmaster will snap near the base and start to run full blow. If you take the tank lid off without shutting off the water first it will rocket to the ceiling. I took 5 out today that I was able to snap like a pencil (outer and inner tubes).
                    That's why I never replace only the gasket in the top or even the whole top of the valve leaving the old base.

                    Don't get me wrong, all of the above is not a rant. One of the things I dearly love about the Fluidmaster is I am assured of repeat business. When they won't fill any longer the customer becomes quite flabbergasted and has by that time forgotten it is one I installed just a few years ago.

                    Having said (typed) all of that, I still only use the PRO45Bs with a Wolverine flex supply w/metal supply nut. Except, that is, for the occasional 1B1X in the 1 pc toilets.
                    I like the Pro45b because of the brass shank, filter screen, pressure reducer/regulator? so the refill won't keep the flapper from dropping, and last but not least, the refill tube clip is SWEET.

                    One thing I don't like is on certain toilets, you can't raise the FM up high enough without hitting the tank lid and so the water level is left a little low.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: new fill valve

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i've tried the brasscraft and of course they are a fluidmaster type design. problem is they don't have the fluidmaster reputation. good luck getting the 10 year warranty. they will send you the part. you still get stuck going back for the running toilet.

                      ps. i have the better part of a case of those brasscraft. i'll trade you my brasscraft for your fluidmasters any day of the week

                      i'll even throw in some american standard smart valves too. guess what. when you call them and tell them their smart valves are junk and leak, they send you a fluidmaster for a replacement.

                      brasscraft should stick to angle stops and let fluidmaster do what they do best. make ballcocks

                      rick.

                      You would have a deal if I had any fluidmasters on my truck. I havent had a fluidmaster on my van since I got you that case years ago!

                      As for American Standard, anything American Standard sucks! Sad, because they used to be a reputable company.


                      Thanks-
                      sigpic

                      Robert

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: new fill valve

                        Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        Could you go into a bit of detail here....I'm all ears This should be fun.

                        Just go into your local hardware store ferguson and buy a fluidmaster and a brasscraft, if you have been in this trade for even the shortest period of time you know what I am talking about. Buy 1 of each and compare.

                        I am sure you have taken out plenty of fluidmasters that have been bogged down with water.
                        sigpic

                        Robert

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: new fill valve

                          Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          Could you go into a bit of detail here....I'm all ears This should be fun.

                          Just go into your local harware store ferguson and buy one of each, compare them, you will see what I am talking about.

                          If you have been in this trade for any period of time, I am sure you have removed a fluidmaster bogged down with water
                          sigpic

                          Robert

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: new fill valve

                            Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                            Just go into your local harware store ferguson and buy one of each, compare them, you will see what I am talking about.

                            If you have been in this trade for any period of time, I am sure you have removed a fluidmaster bogged down with water
                            Ok I have no clue what your talking about. A fluidmaster has a hole in the top and bottom of the float.....noway for it to "bogg" down with water.

                            Please get a fluidmaster and inspect it and maybe take a few pics of how it "boggs" down. I know your a seasoned pro and I'm probably just over looking somthing as i just have 25+ yrs experience.

                            IMO your mistaking another malfunction as a "Bogg" down of the float

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: new fill valve

                              Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                              Ok I have no clue what your talking about. A fluidmaster has a hole in the top and bottom of the float.....noway for it to "bogg" down with water.

                              Please get a fluidmaster and inspect it and maybe take a few pics of how it "boggs" down. I know your a seasoned pro and I'm probably just over looking somthing as i just have 25+ yrs experience.

                              IMO your mistaking another malfunction as a "Bogg" down of the float

                              Master, give me a break.

                              Pull a fluidmaster out that isnt rising anymore and it will have a huge amount of water inside the float. little hole top and bottm does not help. Its junk and it holds a ton of water.

                              Check a brasscraft, no way this can happen.
                              sigpic

                              Robert

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: new fill valve

                                Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                                Master, give me a break.

                                Pull a fluidmaster out that isnt rising anymore and it will have a huge amount of water inside the float. little hole top and bottm does not help. Its junk and it holds a ton of water.

                                Check a brasscraft, no way this can happen.
                                Simply put...your wrong. Now I will leave it alone as its just

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X