This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new fill valve

if you need a seal for a 200, i have them. it's been years since i last saw a 200 in the field.

i just ordered 24-seals for the 400 @1.05 each. comes out to 20 cents a year over 5 years. not bad for a $6 ballcock. now if we can only get the flappers to last that long

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Run into these much?

J.C.
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-17-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        if you need a seal for a 200, i have them. it's been years since i last saw a 200 in the field.

i just ordered 24-seals for the 400 @1.05 each. comes out to 20 cents a year over 5 years. not bad for a $6 ballcock. now if we can only get the flappers to last that long

rick.
        Thanks rick , But i think i will change the 200 when it acts up
        Changing the 400 A seal every time i put on a new flapper seems to work out right

Comment

sorry guys i didn't mean to start a pissin match.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPLUMBER View Post
            Sorry to say but sometimes all it takes is a simple "I".

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by BCPLUMBER View Post
              You're kidding right?
              These guys can take how to tie your shoes to a 300 post count thread.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Just go into your local hardware store ferguson and buy a fluidmaster and a brasscraft, if you have been in this trade for even the shortest period of time you know what I am talking about. Buy 1 of each and compare.

I am sure you have taken out plenty of fluidmasters that have been bogged down with water.
                Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Just go into your local harware store ferguson and buy one of each, compare them, you will see what I am talking about.

If you have been in this trade for any period of time, I am sure you have removed a fluidmaster bogged down with water
                Here are your two posts back to back....."if you have been in this trade for even the shortest period of time"

The the next post...."if you have been in this trade for any period of time"
                So now your questioning my experience...so I laid it out for ya.
                Yes i have been in this trade for 25+ years and have been using fluidmasters the entire time....and I have never removed a fluidmaster because the float filled with water.

It doesn't happen....simple as that. Anyone who thinks it does has just assumed thats what the issue was. Real simple.

Comment

Diplomacy has failed.

Blocked again.

J.C.

Comment

This is starting to be such a close-knit family on this forum you're arguing like siblings. As entertaining as it is let's agree to disagree and go on to other things.

Mark.

Comment

Fer crimeny sakes fella's it's only a durn flush valve.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've seen a brasscraft ballcock explode into 50 pieces and flood the house....I've seen it alot. I cant prove it and if you have not seen it then you just haven't seen everything.

See how that works?

Look I dont give a crap what ballcocks you use but I do care when you start making up problems that dont exist and claiming FACT. It just doesn't work with me.

You say the float is water logged.....I say I can hold the float under water for 2 3 4 5 10 minutes and when i let it go it will cut off. So the cup cant become water logged. Real simple

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Run into these much?

J.C.

those are the fluidmaster side mount that fit a certain year kohler 1 pc.

the replacement is now a solid plastic shank and comes with a flex connector. they don't want them hooked up solid.

i even have the seals to repair the vacuum breaker that is know to leak.

i used 5 of them last year according to my computer

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Run into these much?

J.C.
                            about 5 times last year according to my computer.

it fits a kohler 1pc. toilet and the replacement fluidmaster is now a plastic shank with a flex connector that's required to be installed.

i even have the replacement seals for the vacuum breaker.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              You're kidding right?
                              These guys can take how to tie your shoes to a 300 post count thread.

So, what are you saying Adam, is there something wrong with the way I tie my shoes? Bring it on.
                              The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                                So, what are you saying Adam, is there something wrong with the way I tie my shoes? Bring it on.
                                Please if you are not using a double knot you have not been tying you shoes long enough.

Mark
                                Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-16-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X