X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: new fill valve

Master
    The tank looked way to clean for a fair Field test
    Do you have a brown slimy tank with some build up on the 400 A ?

Comment

I thought the experiment was a pretty good one. Who'd have thunk it would rise broken in half?

I didn't. Why do they even have the top half on it then?

With that said, I've been to repair a toilet, the Fluidmaster float is underwater, the toilet will run non-stop, and the arm is down. The float bounces like a fishing cork. Pull the arm up and it stops.

Pull the valve and the float has alot of water in it. All I could conclude from that evidence is that the heavier float caused it not to shut off.

It's rare. Only ran into it a few times. Don't even know if it's of enough a percentage to worry about. But I have come across it.

I do kind of think that everyone could use a little more respect in presenting another point of view on something or when even proving a point. Sure would make it all go faster.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
        Master
        The tank looked way to clean for a fair Field test
        Do you have a brown slimy tank with some build up on the 400 A ?
        I'm uploading a video with bowl wax sealing the holes.....just hold on a minute and maybe pop some popcorn and crack open a cold beer.

I demonstrated with the 1st video that you cant waterlogg the float by submerging it......and it makes no difference if the float has came apart into 2 pieces...as the video showed.

Then the guy starts complainign that my freakin tank is too clean. Well i broke out a wax seal...and sealed all the holes up.

It will be done uploading in a few minutes and I will post it.

Whats his next complaint going to be??? Not in H.D quality? Or I'm an expert video editor I'm sure it will be somthing

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          I have no problem with the guy using whatever valve he wants. My problem is when people claim problems that do not exist.

The next video shows the holes in the bottom sealed and the float submerged and air bubbles coming out....then i seal the top hole.....then submerge the float again.

But this guy is trying to tell me dirty tanks and dirty water seal the two 1/4 holes in the bottom and top causing it to get waterlogged......but he didn't count on me making another video. It takes forever by the way to upload....but its uploading.
          The truth of the matter is none of us have seen everything and anything IS possible. We all learn from sharing our individual experiences. None us learn anything from disrespecting each other.

Mark

BTW: That is not directed to any one person.
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-17-2011, 08:14 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            The truth of the matter is none of us have seen everything and anything IS possible. We all learn from sharing our individual experiences. None us learn anything from disrespecting each other.

Mark

BTW: That is not directed to any one person.
            I never have claimed to have seen it all.....just that a fluidmasters cup cant become water logged to cause a malfunction.

Here is the last video. I dont know what else to do but take a chainsaw to the float.....To make it water logged Yeah ok Enjoy the movie.

Be sure to look close at the 2 minute mark of the air being pushed out of the float.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwc6llgvwVI
            Last edited by TheMaster; 01-17-2011, 08:25 PM. Reason: make a note

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Since this thread hasn't been closed yet I'd like to jump in here

Poking my nose inside a one piece Kohler last week I saw one of these.

Wasn't paying much attention, so it's a Fluidmaster?

Can it be easily replaced using a 400A?
              I think it's a Fluidmaster 747 or 757. (Been shrugging alot )

Others might know. Some probably see many more than myself.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I thought the experiment was a pretty good one. Who'd have thunk it would rise broken in half?

I didn't. Why do they even have the top half on it then?

With that said, I've been to repair a toilet, the Fluidmaster float is underwater, the toilet will run non-stop, and the arm is down. The float bounces like a fishing cork. Pull the arm up and it stops.

Pull the valve and the float has alot of water in it. All I could conclude from that evidence is that the heavier float caused it not to shut off.

It's rare. Only ran into it a few times. Don't even know if it's of enough a percentage to worry about. But I have come across it.

I do kind of think that everyone could use a little more respect in presenting another point of view on something or when even proving a point. Sure would make it all go faster.

J.C.

This was all I said.

I still dont know what the big deal is, but Im done with it.

It's a known problem in my circle of "Master Plumber" friends.

Goooo Brasscraft !

Oh yeah, fill valve with the open float design that never holds water!!
                Last edited by westcoastplumber; 01-17-2011, 09:01 PM. Reason: 4got something :)
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Master,
                  If for some reason I am invited to your house for dinner, remind me to bring my own butter knife.....

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    Master,
                    If for some reason I am invited to your house for dinner, remind me to bring my own butter knife.....
                    Looked like he was doing some sort of serial killing on that valve. Black gloves, coat, and a butter knife.

Dexter vs. a Fluidmaster.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                      This was all I said.

Goooo Brasscraft !!

Oh yeah, creator of the open float design!! never holds water!!
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

This was all I said.

Goooo Brasscraft !

Oh yeah, fill valve with the open float design that never holds water!!
                        There is no big deal. You claim that a fluidmaster's float can hold water and that causes it to malfunction. I claim that the valve malfunctioned and caused the float to become submerged but the float was not the source of the malfunction. My videos proved that.

I could care less what valve you use but I do care that info your posting is incorrect. You can have your own set of opinions but you cannot create your own facts.

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                        Master,
                        Classic deflection. But its all in good fun.

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Looked like he was doing some sort of serial killing on that valve. Black gloves, coat, and a butter knife.

Dexter vs. a Fluidmaster.

J.C.
                        Again deflecton to devert attention off the subject. No answer so lets make fun. I like that.

Oh yeah, creator of the open float design!! never holds water!!
                        It doesn't matter if a fluidmaster float has water in it. It will still function.

The plastic material that the float is made from will float..even with water in it.

I filled a sink of water,removed the float from a fluidmaster and submerged it in the sink.

The float surfaced full of water. Real simple

Comment

So what did I miss

Comment

the remains of the horse will now fit in a skoal can.

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                            So what did I miss
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxoEyAitnvg

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                                There is no big deal. You claim that a fluidmaster's float can hold water and that causes it to malfunction. I claim that the valve malfunctioned and caused the float to become submerged but the float was not the source of the malfunction. My videos proved that.

I could care less what valve you use but I do care that info your posting is incorrect. You can have your own set of opinions but you cannot create your own facts.

Classic deflection. But its all in good fun.

Again deflecton to devert attention off the subject. No answer so lets make fun. I like that.

It doesn't matter if a fluidmaster float has water in it. It will still function.

The plastic material that the float is made from will float..even with water in it.

I filled a sink of water,removed the float from a fluidmaster and submerged it in the sink.

The float surfaced full of water. Real simple
                                No deflection is intended. I poke fun and joke all the time in all subjects. Didn't know it is unwelcomed.

Ever notice how any thread you start or participate in has a tendency to get up to a 100 post argument that you need the last word?

Sorry, deflection again. But at least it wasn't jokey.

Post #122 pretty much explains what I've ran into. I thought I even gave credit to your experiment.

Waiting for yet another response. Whip it good.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X