X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testers

Could someone point me in the direction of a great voltage tester and a continuity tester for diagnosing of heating systems?

Re: Testers

I have a Fluke (its so old cant find model)
    Also have Amprobe brand
    Both have been good meters,although the Fluke will check capacitance as well.

Huck

Comment

http://www.ueitest.com/productlist-clampon.html

I have the DL369, I didn't need the temperature probe because I have a clamp on thermometer.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Mostly have Fluke stuff now and a couple of reliable Sperry analog's just in case but for HVAC work I really like Fluke's stuff
        sigpic

Comment

my CO meter is Fluke, but I hadn't made the leap to fluke volt meters yet.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

-15 or -20 deg f

i live in indiana. my fluke #12 just died.it lasted a lot of years. getting afluke #113. do you leave your meter in an unheated truck or building? if so you might want to check for the "storage temp" not the "operating temp". #113 is good for -22 deg f. flukes have by far the best low temp storage temp that i could find. before #12 i would go through a few every winter. i leave mine in an unheated truck at night. just a thought. breid..............

Comment

UEI DL 250...No problems!
              Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
              You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I always wondered if this was a good one/idea.

http://www.fieldpiece.com/

J.C.

Comment

storage temp is-4 deg f on uei dl250 spec sheet. you are about the temps as us. do you leave it in the cold? i just read the specs. breid...............

Comment

jc

i've never seen that puppy before. i can't help you. try posting that at www.heatinghelp.com. breid..................

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                      storage temp is-4 deg f on uei dl250 spec sheet. you are about the temps as us. do you leave it in the cold? i just read the specs. breid...............
                      I leave it wrap in a towel in its case in the van...10 years old and still the original batteries!
                      Last edited by dcman; 01-17-2011, 09:46 PM.
                      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

jc

hvac-talk.com. some chat on their forum about fieldpiece. breid...............

Comment

I use an Ideal ...like this one.
                          http://www.computercablestore.com/4_..._PID45826.aspx

But I dont work on HVAC systems. Just water heaters and grinder pumps..plumbing service work.

Comment

I use a Fluke and Amprobe brand. Only had to change the battery once because I forgot to turn it off.

Comment

Fluke and Amprobe here too. I love the capacitance tester.
                              Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X