X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper rivited water heater

That's what we had 1950s, Mass. Wish I had it for fun today.boy did it condensate! Ever seen one! Wish I had it today
    I bet N.H. Master has seen these in His area.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Copper rivited water heater

I've seen two.

One in a basement not being used.

The other my neighbor brought home. He pulled it out of an old Victorian home behind the wall on the second story and the HW system was still running through it. He was called There for a leek. After all those years tank was perfect but a nipple had corroded just enough to drip.

Itt was the old, old type that I believe hooked to a wood stove originally.
    Had the stand and everything. $$$$$$
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Just like this one
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Bickford That's quite old, isn't it.
        Every day's Tool Promotion | Choose a String Trimmer for your garden!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post

Just like this one
          WOW thank You Gene! Yes We had a coil in Our Kerosine and or wood stove. Wonderful days, No $$, huge garden, chickens, Mom canning vegs, all Went to church, explored the woods. Ice hocky, with bon fires at nite. NO EX BOX OR JERSEY SHORE! , LOTSA LOVE.
          WE WERE RICH!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Got a couple of them upstairs in the barn. Was going to scrap them for the copper but they may be worth more intact. Very common when I first got into the business. Just about every other house in Newmarket had one behind the wick burning kitchen stove. Don't see them much anymore along with the old soap stone laundry trays.
            sigpic

Comment

Gene, not to completely sidetrack the thread, but reading your signature; I've been to Maine, how do you manage to serve even a good chunk of the place with no travel charge?
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Got a couple of them upstairs in the barn. Was going to scrap them for the copper but they may be worth more intact. Very common when I first got into the business. Just about every other house in Newmarket had one behind the wick burning kitchen stove. Don't see them much anymore along with the old soap stone laundry trays.
                I think the perfect place is a fixture show room window ! We also had the limestone sink tray. Got slimey!

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  Gene, not to completely sidetrack the thread, but reading your signature; I've been to Maine, how do you manage to serve even a good chunk of the place with no travel charge?

Sittin' home pays zip. Travel, even if I have to eat the fuel cost pays.
                  It's not like I can do a ton of work in my rural area. If I don't go to the work, I don't eat.

I live in a very central area allowing me a huge coverage area. In an hour I can cover a lot of ground. You might have noticed while you where here, not a lot of traffic jams and traffic lights, but slow down when you see.
                  Now the key word you're missing is "most". Would I travel 3hrs at no cost? No

Would I explain that to the customer before I traveled that far? Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post

Just like this one
                    Just to be clear: I get the feeling that some think this is our set up.
                    IT IS NOT. I was using the pic to compare to the one my neighbor got.

I wish we had that set up. That copper tank is a work of art in my opinion. We have the old cook stove similar to tha, but nothing like that beautiful tank.

Comment

makes perfect sense.
                      My wife is from Weld, but i've only been up there once, spent a little time in Portland, then up to Farmington for a bit.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                        makes perfect sense.
                        My wife is from Weld, but i've only been up there once, spent a little time in Portland, then up to Farmington for a bit.

Weld? Holy cow, I thought I lived in the sticks. Tell your wife a fellow Mainer says Hello.

Portland? Us folk people from the woods refer to Portland as "The other Maine". Your wife will know what I'm talking about. Pretty much any thing south of Augusta.

Farmington. I service Farmington once in a while. oddly enough I was talking to a forum member on DCF just this week and his sister lives in Farmington.

If your wife is missing the snow, just let me know. I Just got done plowing the driveway.This winter sucks already!

Comment

Working...
                        X