Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Can i buy a couple wax rings off ya?

now please dont take this the wrong way just asking now you say a nonlicensed plumber cant remove and reinstal a toilet cause of the seal of the wax ring I ask whats the diffrens with that and a p-trap when you remove a p-trap you are removeing the seal {the ruber gasket} and reinstalling it and you dont need a PL to do that now if you case was do to the fact that he has to disconect the water supply line on the toilet to mee that makes it a diferent story cause yes the tile guy is not a PL and should not be disconecting any water suply lines to fictures but no one has brought that up now please I am not trying to harp on you just asking your appinion on that point cause thats why I whould stand by you on this part as for the wax ring and seal I see that as just like the P-trap
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      There's a plan You won't need a license to clean drains and if they do catch you plumbing the most you will get is a 500 dollar fine after the 3rd offense.

Copied directly from the State Code that is in question

State Law
      TITLE 34

CHAPTER 37

PLUMBERS AND GAS FITTERS

ยง 34-37-15. Acts, works and conduct permitted, without license; chapter not applicable to specific natural gas utility companies.
      (a) The following acts, work, and conduct may be performed by anyone, without license or certificate, provided, however, that all work and services herein named or referred to shall be subject to an inspection and approval in accordance with the terms of all state laws and applicable municipal ordinances:
      1. Plumbing work done by a property owner in or about a building owned or occupied by him or her.
      2. Plumbing or gas fitting work done by anyone who is regularly employed or acting as a maintenance man acting under the supervision of a maintenance engineer or maintenance engineer incidental to and in connection with the business in which he is employed and engaged, provided said plumbing or gas fitting work is done on the premises of said employer, and who does not engage in the occupation of a plumber or gas fitter for the general public.
      3. Maintenance and reinstallation work done upon the premises or equipment of a railroad, other businesses or industry, by an employee thereof who does not engage in the occupation of a plumber or gas fitter for the general public.
      4. Plumbing or gas fitting work done by persons engaged by any public utility company in the laying, maintenance and operation of its service mains or lines and the installation, alteration, adjustment, repair, removal, and renovation of all types of appurtenances, equipment, and appliances, provided such plumbing work does not necessitate tying into waste or sewer lines on the outlet side of a trap or alter gas piping on consumer side of meter.
      5. Appliances or fixture installations and service work done in connecting appliances or fixtures to existing piping installations.
      6. Any person may install washing machines to existing piping installation or waste lines, provided such plumbing work does not necessitate tying into waste or sewer lines on the outlet side of the trap.
      (b) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to any natural gas utility company having fewer than 350 employees that is regulated by the Alabama Public Service Commission.
      see now thats proveing a point right out of the coed I hope you know I was just kiding about not getting my NH master PL and gas L
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

When you get in town email me. I still have friends on the board and I will recommend that they either reciprocate with your license or let you do an informal interview.
        sigpic

Comment

well not to ster up any old thoughts but I had a call yesterday a leak on a toilet ok go out and check out the job come to find out they just had the floors retiled about 2 months earleyer and the TILE guy pulled and reset the toilet well thats the problem they are not a plumber so when I pulled the toilet I found the old wax ring still on the flang you can tell by how crusty and black it was and he put a small ring of plumbers puddy on top of the wax ring so I cleaned all the wax and plumbers puddy off the toilet and the flang reset the toilet and tested WOOOSH no leakes thank you now
          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

how about the $3000.00 toto neorest i partially installed
            the gc/ tile man attempted to install the toilet but stopped as the owner knew better. of course they installed a 1/2'' comp angle stop on a glass tile wall problem is the toto requires a fip for the monster stop it takes.

noting like using a ridgid internal cutter to cut the copper 1'' behind the glass tile and then having to solder it inside the wall

of course they also forgot the front plastic block that the toilet fastens to.

3 hours later include the 1/2 hours hands on tutorial for using the nasa rocket toilet

best part is she's going in for a colonoscopy in 2 days and will put it to work

scary part is she's having it done at my buddies surgical center.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
              well not to ster up any old thoughts but I had a call yesterday a leak on a toilet ok go out and check out the job come to find out they just had the floors retiled about 2 months earleyer and the TILE guy pulled and reset the toilet well thats the problem they are not a plumber so when I pulled the toilet I found the old wax ring still on the flang you can tell by how crusty and black it was and he put a small ring of plumbers puddy on top of the wax ring so I cleaned all the wax and plumbers puddy off the toilet and the flang reset the toilet and tested WOOOSH no leakes thank you now
              I dont hesitate to tell a tile man that setting toilets and installing shower pans is not part of their job...When they argue....I've told several that they are idiots...on the phone and in person

Comment

Working...
              X