No announcement yet.

Can i buy a couple wax rings off ya?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can i buy a couple wax rings off ya?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    First off, why a moderator? Just post the proof here. Second off, nobody want's to play your games. Just man up and post the proof.

I told you twice that if you can post the rule, amendment or show me where to find it that I would defer to your post. I don't need to make deals or dumb wagers.

And third. If you keep up this crap, none of us will have to hear from you again. Act like a man instead of a spoiled little boy for a change.
    What part of your not important to me do you not understand?

So your pissed I wont post my freakin name and where I live so you can check my code. Well thats a sad story but one you must live with

I dont want a crazy showing up at my door and there is plenty of crazy around this place.

Ever look at how many guests are online? I dont care to post my info.

So my advice to you is move along or make the bet because this time proving you wrong is going to cost you. Unlike the other 5 or 6 times.

Comment

What is your point of being here?

The only things you have to prove are the ones that others question and if you can't then indeed, what are you doing here?

Again its really none of your business why I'm here....I dont answer to you.

I think you guys are in love with me....always wanting to talk about me.

Comment

You don't have to give me your name or address just Post the Damn Rule. You can cut and paste can't you?

Are you really threatening me? Really?
        sigpic

Comment

In a few area's around me, if you don't have a Plumbing license, you're not suppose to set toilets, unless it's your own.

Now as far as "rip-outs" goes..I have yet to see an inspector around me give anyone problems with touching toilets, sinks, or tubs. We don't do rip-outs, but most of the time we will go in before hand and disconnect each fixture to be ripped out. Once in awhile..the carpenter will just disconnect and rip-out for us, which doesn't bother me one bit.

It all depends on the area and inspector, but I have ran across this before, and we follow I.P.C.

I know in Philadelphia (Union jobs) if you're not a licensed Plumber, you can't touch anything Plumbing wise, but since Philly has their own code, I don't know who's rule that is.

Comment

You don't have to give me your name or address just Post the Damn Rule. You can cut and paste can't you?

Are you really threatening me? Really?
            Relax and take a deep breath sport......you really need to move along or get back on topic... me proving my code or city laws is not the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              What part of your not important to me do you not understand?

So your pissed I wont post my freakin name and where I live so you can check my code. Well thats a sad story but one you must live with

I dont want a crazy showing up at my door and there is plenty of crazy around this place.

Ever look at how many guests are online? I dont care to post my info.

So my advice to you is move along or make the bet because this time proving you wrong is going to cost you. Unlike the other 5 or 6 times.
              Don't need your name or address, just post the rule or amendment. You do know how to cut and paste don't you.

But, alas as has happened on other forums countless times, you will continue to back peddle and evade the issue and claim a victory that was never won except in your own mind. So, I'm gonna indeed drop it because pursuing this any further is a total waste of everyone's time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                In a few area's around me, if you don't have a Plumbing license, you're not suppose to set toilets, unless it's your own.

Now as far as "rip-outs" goes..I have yet to see an inspector around me give anyone problems with touching toilets, sinks, or tubs. We don't do rip-outs, but most of the time we will go in before hand and disconnect each fixture to be ripped out. Once in awhile..the carpenter will just disconnect and rip-out for us, which doesn't bother me one bit.

It all depends on the area and inspector, but I have ran across this before, and we follow I.P.C.

I know in Philadelphia (Union jobs) if you're not a licensed Plumber, you can't touch anything Plumbing wise, but since Philly has their own code, I don't know who's rule that is.
                Same here and the tile guys usually make a mess. The stack horned wax rings up....Not on my jobs.....thats not happening.

ADD> I want to thank sewerrat and nhmaster for hacking up my thread...only to have another member post info that is basically the same as mine but yet neither has asked Flux for proof. just goes to show these two guys have a problem with me so bad.....that they jump the gun at any chance to call me out.....in turn they are always getting embarrassed and it seems that i'm picking on them but actually its the other way around. They feel threatened by my knowledge is all I can figure. My grandfather told me success has enemies and that is true!!!
                Last edited by TheMaster; 01-19-2011, 10:19 PM. Reason: ADD comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  Same here and the tile guys usually make a mess. The stack horned wax rings up....Not on my jobs.....thats not happening.

ADD> I want to thank sewerrat and nhmaster for hacking up my thread...only to have another member post info that is basically the same as mine but yet neither has asked Flux for proof. just goes to show these two guys have a problem with me so bad.....that they jump the gun at any chance to call me out.....in turn they are always getting embarrassed and it seems that i'm picking on them but actually its the other way around. They feel threatened by my knowledge is all I can figure. My grandfather told me success has enemies and that is true!!!
                  O/K...So you can see the pattern.
                  I was starting to wonder.

Comment

Never had any discussion with you about checking gas pressure on anything. Must have been someone else.

And you are the one lacking because as usual I see absolutely nothing in print that backs your statement up. Either post it or retract it.

Sure we did....I just bumped the thread.

Here have a read ..it might refresh your memory.http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...855#post327855

Its getting old sir.

Comment

I have no dog in this fight, but the only proof I would have..would come from those townships themselves. It's been awhile since I read the I.P.C. code book cover to cover, so I'm not sure what it says.

All I know is...the Inspector can amend the code they follow.

But I would assume that.. a fixture that has ties to sewer gasses, should be left for licensed individuals.

But then we have 1 township by me who does not require Plumbing permits, and another who doesn't require you to be a Licensed Plumber to install Plumbing.

My part of the state is truly a mixed bag of fruit when it comes to Plumbing laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        I have no dog in this fight, but the only proof I would have..would come from those townships themselves. It's been awhile since I read the I.P.C. code book cover to cover, so I'm not sure what it says.

All I know is...the Inspector can amend the code they follow.

But I would assume that.. a fixture that has ties to sewer gasses, should be left for licensed individuals.

But then we have 1 township by me who does not require Plumbing permits, and another who doesn't require you to be a Licensed Plumber to install Plumbing.

My part of the state is truly a mixed bag of fruit when it comes to Plumbing laws.
                        You dont hafta prove it. It makes perfect sense. Your installing plumbing that requires breaking the trap seal and sinking the flange into the flloor by the thickness of the time and thinset. Tile guys NEVER correct that and thats why they should not be installing toilets after they lay tile.

To replace the flange..which all are either too lazy or dont know how is going a step farther and now they would be repairing the DWV piping system. No license...thats a big no go.

Comment

''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

no liscense here, a toilet a day pulled and set minimum. no arguments it ought to be done right, but a liscense doesn't mean that. I fixed (and I don't use the word fixed lightly) a rediculous flange making a smell issue installed by a liscensed plumber last week.

stealing work... that's an issue for me. My take is I just don't do anything I can't do an perfect job on, and nothing inside a wall regardless. beat me up for where I draw the line if you want, code be damned, for me it's at the drywall.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

So in some places it sounds like you can set toilets without a plumbing license. Its just not like that here,if you break the seal on a trap and dont live in the home your suppose to have a plumbing license. Thats why real tile business here do not remove and install toilets.

If the tile people who are setting toilets had any sense they wouldn't want the liability of installing toilets. I work with a cabinet guy who will not even touch the stop valves under a sink. I go and disconnect for him and then go back and install the sink.

Comment

Hey I guess if you dont hafta be a plumber to install toilets...a plumbing company could hire anyone off the street corner and give him a truck and some tools.....teach him a little bit about installing toilets. Dont bother getting him his apprentice license because its not needed......you dont hafta be a plumber to install toilets so I know you dont hafta be an apprentice.

So after you train the guy for a week or so,you set him loose doing all your toilet installs. yeah I think I'll drive up to New York and see how that works out.

Does Home Depot send a licensed plumber out to do their toilet installs?

Comment

Working...
                                X