No announcement yet.

Can i buy a couple wax rings off ya?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can i buy a couple wax rings off ya?

See things here are different...we don't have a State Plumbing board like you guys do or New Jersey.

Each township/jurisdiction has authority here, and make their own rules.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      I'm just telling you what the board told us last month. I swear as soon as that statement was made 50 plumbers yelled What the F*%^ The dust didn't settle for about an hour and a half. Then we read the code and the states adoption and lo and behold the wording is what it is. According to the board, the only way they can prosecute an unlicensed plumber is if a local authority ( inspector ) files a formal complaint first. State inspectors have no jurisdiction over anyone except licensed plumbers in NH, Maine either for that matter and probably a bunch of other states that overlooked that wording thing when they adopted rules and regulations
      maybe I just wont retest when go to NH I Know I can do plumbing as I am and will be a lisencd PL in IL I will just do service plumbing and drain cleaning without my NH license so not to get into any trouble thanks for the heads up
      Last edited by post plumber; 01-20-2011, 11:34 PM.
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Wake me when it gets to 20 pages, that's when it really heats up.
        were half way there just to let you know
        SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
          maybe I just wont retest when go to NH I Know I can do plumbing as I am and will be a lisencd PL in IL I will just do service plumbing and drain cleaning without my NH license so not to get into any trouble thanks for the heads up
          There's a plan You won't need a license to clean drains and if they do catch you plumbing the most you will get is a 500 dollar fine after the 3rd offense.

Copied directly from the State Code that is in question

State Law
          TITLE 34

CHAPTER 37

PLUMBERS AND GAS FITTERS

§ 34-37-15. Acts, works and conduct permitted, without license; chapter not applicable to specific natural gas utility companies.
          (a) The following acts, work, and conduct may be performed by anyone, without license or certificate, provided, however, that all work and services herein named or referred to shall be subject to an inspection and approval in accordance with the terms of all state laws and applicable municipal ordinances:
          1. Plumbing work done by a property owner in or about a building owned or occupied by him or her.
          2. Plumbing or gas fitting work done by anyone who is regularly employed or acting as a maintenance man acting under the supervision of a maintenance engineer or maintenance engineer incidental to and in connection with the business in which he is employed and engaged, provided said plumbing or gas fitting work is done on the premises of said employer, and who does not engage in the occupation of a plumber or gas fitter for the general public.
          3. Maintenance and reinstallation work done upon the premises or equipment of a railroad, other businesses or industry, by an employee thereof who does not engage in the occupation of a plumber or gas fitter for the general public.
          4. Plumbing or gas fitting work done by persons engaged by any public utility company in the laying, maintenance and operation of its service mains or lines and the installation, alteration, adjustment, repair, removal, and renovation of all types of appurtenances, equipment, and appliances, provided such plumbing work does not necessitate tying into waste or sewer lines on the outlet side of a trap or alter gas piping on consumer side of meter.
          5. Appliances or fixture installations and service work done in connecting appliances or fixtures to existing piping installations.
          6. Any person may install washing machines to existing piping installation or waste lines, provided such plumbing work does not necessitate tying into waste or sewer lines on the outlet side of the trap.
          (b) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to any natural gas utility company having fewer than 350 employees that is regulated by the Alabama Public Service Commission.
          Last edited by NHMaster3015; 01-21-2011, 07:36 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

There's a plan You won't need a license to clean drains and if they do catch you plumbing the most you will get is a 500 dollar fine after the 3rd offense.

Copied directly from the State Code that is in question

State Law
            TITLE 34

CHAPTER 37

PLUMBERS AND GAS FITTERS

§ 34-37-15. Acts, works and conduct permitted, without license; chapter not applicable to specific natural gas utility companies.
            (a) The following acts, work, and conduct may be performed by anyone, without license or certificate, provided, however, that all work and services herein named or referred to shall be subject to an inspection and approval in accordance with the terms of all state laws and applicable municipal ordinances:
            1. Plumbing work done by a property owner in or about a building owned or occupied by him or her.
            2. Plumbing or gas fitting work done by anyone who is regularly employed or acting as a maintenance man acting under the supervision of a maintenance engineer or maintenance engineer incidental to and in connection with the business in which he is employed and engaged, provided said plumbing or gas fitting work is done on the premises of said employer, and who does not engage in the occupation of a plumber or gas fitter for the general public.
            3. Maintenance and reinstallation work done upon the premises or equipment of a railroad, other businesses or industry, by an employee thereof who does not engage in the occupation of a plumber or gas fitter for the general public.
            4. Plumbing or gas fitting work done by persons engaged by any public utility company in the laying, maintenance and operation of its service mains or lines and the installation, alteration, adjustment, repair, removal, and renovation of all types of appurtenances, equipment, and appliances, provided such plumbing work does not necessitate tying into waste or sewer lines on the outlet side of a trap or alter gas piping on consumer side of meter.
            5. Appliances or fixture installations and service work done in connecting appliances or fixtures to existing piping installations.
            6. Any person may install washing machines to existing piping installation or waste lines, provided such plumbing work does not necessitate tying into waste or sewer lines on the outlet side of the trap.
            (b) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to any natural gas utility company having fewer than 350 employees that is regulated by the Alabama Public Service Commission.
            Read number 6. The intent of the code is not to have people working on the outlet side of a trap. Now a toilets seal is made on the outlet side of the trap. Thats why tile people cant install toilet.

ALSO when a tile floor is installed it changes the height of the floor and the flange MUST BE RAISED for the flange to be in the proper position. That requires altering the system.

Comment

You are not "tying in" to the waste lines, you are setting a fixture. There's a difference. This is a clear case of someone wrongly interpreting the intent of the code. Again, drain cleaners don't need to be licensed in your state and NOTHING precludes them from removing the toilet to rod the drain. End of argument.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, I hate it when other contractors do that to me on a job. I also hate it when they try and get their plumber buddies on the job. You do your job, and I'll do mine.
                Plumbing Solutions, LLC
                Plumber in S.C.

Comment

You might hate it ( and so do I ) but there ain't nothing illegal about it in most states.
                  sigpic

Comment

You might hate it ( and so do I ) but there ain't nothing illegal about it in most states.
                    I dont live in most states. Simple as that. I dont care what goes on other places to the point it gets me upset. Sorry!

Comment

• Re: Can i buy a couple wax rings off ya?

You are not "tying in" to the waste lines, you are setting a fixture. There's a difference. This is a clear case of someone wrongly interpreting the intent of the code. Again, drain cleaners don't need to be licensed in your state and NOTHING precludes them from removing the toilet to rod the drain. End of argument.
                      The intent of the code is not to have tile men setting toilets for the general public.

When you install tile the floor height changes and so must the flange.

Comment

To comment on the origional question; my answer is no! I am a service plumber and not a supply house. I spend countless hours trying to keep my truck stocked and ready for my next call. My main service area is out in the country and 45 minutes from the nearest supply house. If you want to pay me for 1-1/2 hours of my time plus the cost of the ring we have a sale. Otherwise a one hour service charge plus material will get you a guaranteed professional installation by a quallified State licensed plumber.

Comment

good luck with that
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                            were half way there just to let you know
                            Looks like this thread still has legs. Ill pick up some sodas and popcorn on the way home from work. We should be on full bloom by then.

Comment

forget the soda's, we're gonna need a couple 5ths of Jack and a case of beer ditch the popcorn too, bad for the teeth. Dem KFC hot wings are just fine
                              sigpic

Comment

forget the soda's, we're gonna need a couple 5ths of Jack and a case of beer ditch the popcorn too, bad for the teeth. Dem KFC hot wings are just fine
                                Boy you sure know how to live it up

Comment

Working...
                                X