• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Customers driving you crazy......

COD. breid................

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
      I received a call from a new customer a week ago and told her that a new Moen Chateau chrome faucet would be $240 installed. So I installed it the next day. I was waiting to hear back about whether she wanted me to install a 5ft vanity with a custom width 62-1/4" granite countertop, undermount sink and faucet in her bathroom. She leaves a voicemail saying that she thinks my price of $1,800 is too high(I gave her a price of $1,960) and that she still needs to pay me for the faucet install....and she thinks it is...uh....$150. I call her right back and correct her.....she gasps and says she wouldn't have gotten it done if she knew......"the faucet only costs $60 ...doesn't it??? " Then complains that I want $50 to change out the cartridge in her other shower(I'll be in the bulding already)...tells me that she only paid $50 for the whole valve. I tell her, " Well that's why it needs a repair already, it is a cheap piece of garbage from home depot" either these people are smoking crack.....or they just like playing games wasting my time..... so what good similar stories do you guys have?
      I was at a customers house rodding his main sewer from the out side clean out back a few years ago and he made a remark " what if I told you I wasn't going to pay you when you were done" I replied back pointing to the inside of my van " do you see those 2 80lbs bags of quick creat there in my van " and the guy said not to worry I have the check already made out
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I was taking credit cards through BOA 2.12% each transaction and the el cheapo card slider..Only did a few and got tired of calling in a transaction only to get frustrated etc. Also they were charging me $35 a month whether I did a credit card transaction or not.. But the money went right into my account ..That part was nice ..And not having to chase down rubber checks ..That sucks..Now I am back to cash or check only. Hasn't seemed to slow down business at all..Especially when you can just tell your customer to mail a check whenever..They never seem to forget me
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
          I was taking credit cards through BOA 2.12% each transaction and the el cheapo card slider..Only did a few and got tired of calling in a transaction only to get frustrated etc. Also they were charging me $35 a month whether I did a credit card transaction or not.. But the money went right into my account ..That part was nice ..And not having to chase down rubber checks ..That sucks..Now I am back to cash or check only. Hasn't seemed to slow down business at all..Especially when you can just tell your customer to mail a check whenever..They never seem to forget me
          never had any problems with h/o checks its the generals that are the trouble...i had only a few customers wanting to use cards but ive always been check only with no trouble

Comment

Working...
          X