X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.C. branch drain?

Just wondering what the norm is around the county ? I have some remodeling jobs to estimate and with the new branch lines for the W.C. I am going to use a 4"x3" closet bend with a 4" p.v.c. flange to build in a easy way to fix a cracked plastic flange . This way I can cut off the 4" flange and glue a 4"x3" in the 4". I know this is not a big part of a job just wondered how you guys do this part of your job? Thanks

Re: W.C. branch drain?

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
    Just wondering what the norm is around the county ? I have some remodeling jobs to estimate and with the new branch lines for the W.C. I am going to use a 4"x3" closet bend with a 4" p.v.c. flange to build in a easy way to fix a cracked plastic flange . This way I can cut off the 4" flange and glue a 4"x3" in the 4". I know this is not a big part of a job just wondered how you guys do this part of your job? Thanks
    Sounds good to me.

Comment

out here a 4x3 closet bend is the norm. when i see a 3''x 3'' closet bend, i think handyman, homeowner.

lots of our commercial jobs are full 4'' closet bands.

i have cases of bowl wax with horns for 4'' and a half case of 4x3 reducing rings.

must be a regional thing.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

From what I see most p.v.c. & copper is 3" . Commercial is usually 4" like you stated . And cast iron is almost always 4"x3" . A friend of mine out here that did a lot of new construction gave me the idea he said that it was the way he learned and the reason for doing it this was so repair could be easily done with a 4"x3" closet flange .

Comment

Working...
        X