X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" Toto Drake in an 11" space?

Will a 12" Toto Drake set in an 11" space? Some toilets will....but I need to install a drake. The existing 12" kohler fits but its touching the wall.

Re: 12" Toto Drake in an 11" space?

Here ya go! http://admin.totousa.com/Product%20D...SL,%20V.04.pdf

According to the drawing it looks as if it would go back 1 1/4". I just measured mine here at home, and it looks like it will fit. The trim is what gets you in trouble.
    Last edited by Tyman; 01-26-2011, 07:05 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Be close...can you slide you closet bolts forward any? I guess Toto doesn't make a Drake in a 10" rough?
      Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
      You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
        Here ya go! http://admin.totousa.com/Product%20D...SL,%20V.04.pdf

According to the drawing it looks as if it would go back 1 1/4". I just measured mine here at home, and it looks like it will fit. The trim is what gets you in trouble.
        According to the drawing it should have 1/4" clearance.

Originally posted by dcman View Post
        Be close...can you slide you closet bolts forward any? I guess Toto doesn't make a Drake in a 10" rough?
        They may have already been cheated forward.....I dunno because I just measured the existing toilet thats installed.

They prolly do but it would hafta be ordered and then it will sit too far off the wall maybe.....and I'm sure it costs more. If a 12" will fit thats what I want to use and it appears it will from totos drawing.

Comment

I went to auger the toilet...late 90's kohler POS. I told her that alot of people have problems with those kohlers and suggested a toto drake. She agreed and I set the service up for next week. I flushed the toilet and it started to back up....I ran the auger in it and it immediately dropped out and began flowing. I flushed a good sized wad of paper down it several times...and flushed it 5 or 6 times with no paper in it after that...no problems.

She just called 5 minutes ago and said her husband just clogged it up again.....2 hrs after i augered it. She said he has a bowel problem.....they are old and I'm not charging her to go back and auger it again.....but I will be changing the toilet next week.

Comment

you can always go for the 1 pc. toto with the uni-ruff 10'' connector. a little pricey, but a sure fit. toto carlye is one.

what ever you do, don't ever think of installing a toto aquia dual flush.

you can thank me now or do it and say i warned you.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              you can always go for the 1 pc. toto with the uni-ruff 10'' connector. a little pricey, but a sure fit. toto carlye is one.

rick.
              Yeah she wants to keep it resonable but I will keep your suggestion on the back burner. The last one of those I installed I had to relocate the water stub out...if I'm thinking of the same thing your speaking of...with the slip fit connection to the china. makes a good seal at the wax...thats for sure.

Comment

Drake does come in 10". C744EF.10

Comment

The tank will fit. But, because the footprint of the Drake bowl juts out quite a bit in back it could be a problem, especially if there's a baseboard trim along the wall behind the toilet.

Comment

The American Standard Champion 4, ADA height has 1-1/4" clearance behind the tank at a 12"r.i. and also has a MaP rating of 1000.

The Standard height champion 4s have at least 2" clearance and also have a 1000 rating.

The Drake has a MaP rating of 800 so if the owner is having large bm's due to medication he may stop that one up as well.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      Yeah she wants to keep it resonable but I will keep your suggestion on the back burner. The last one of those I installed I had to relocate the water stub out...if I'm thinking of the same thing your speaking of...with the slip fit connection to the china. makes a good seal at the wax...thats for sure.
                      Why not install an American Standard Cadet 3 with a 10" rough. Probably flushes better than the Toto, you know it will fit, and it might be cheaper to boot.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        Why not install an American Standard Cadet 3 with a 10" rough. Probably flushes better than the Toto, you know it will fit, and it might be cheaper to boot.
                        I dont like the american standard cadets or champions. poorly shaped bowl,leaking flushvalves,sticking handles etc. plus they clogg too. I talked up a champion and cadets before and ate my words. I've had better luck with Toto however they clogg also....all toilets clogg and I prefer Toto that part of what I tell the customer. I dont build any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                          Hey Rick, does that go for the wall mount aquia as well?

Comment

Originally posted by mtne View Post
                            Hey Rick, does that go for the wall mount aquia as well?
                            honestly i don't know. never installed a wall mount toto. all i've done wall mount are commercial flush valve toilets.

but i will see if i can dig up a link and look it over for you

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

here's the link. the china bowl is not the issue. it's the wall carrier and in wall tank that i would be more concerned with.

http://admin.totousa.com/Product%20D...FG,%20V.04.pdf

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X