X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Connect

I have been trying out Ridgid Connect for the last couple of weeks, and so far I like it. I make my report, then tell my customer to go to my website and enter the code to view the report. It works well for getting info to out of town landlords.

How are other shops using it? How are you creating your reports? So far I have been telling the customers to go to our website in a day, then get your report. Are you making reports in the field or back at the office?

I see a lot of benefit for a big shop with this software, but only a minor benefit for a small outfit. Just trying to figure out if I want to pay for this after the trial is over, and if there is a better way to use the program.

Re: Ridgid Connect

As far as making reports in the field, the LT1000 is your easiest way. You can build your entire report then when you get back to an internet connection you can tell it to upload.

There is also a mobile app that allows you to right up reports and attach images from your smartphone. You would then just have to attach a video once you get a chance to upload it later.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      I have been trying out Ridgid Connect for the last couple of weeks, and so far I like it. I make my report, then tell my customer to go to my website and enter the code to view the report. It works well for getting info to out of town landlords.

How are other shops using it? How are you creating your reports? So far I have been telling the customers to go to our website in a day, then get your report. Are you making reports in the field or back at the office?

I see a lot of benefit for a big shop with this software, but only a minor benefit for a small outfit. Just trying to figure out if I want to pay for this after the trial is over, and if there is a better way to use the program.
      While I can't answer your questions from the viewpoint of another business owner using the site, I can make some recommendations on things you might be able to take advantage of. It sounds like you've got a good process going for communicating with your customers on how they can get access to their report. Judging by your website, I see you've read our post on how to put RIDGIDConnect on your site.

If you know your schedule for the day, you can create the "stubs" for the reports inside of your RIDGIDConnect account. You can include the address of where you're going, names, email addresses if you know them, etc. and schedule out your day.

Then, if you have a BlackBerry or Android phone, you can use the mobile app to add details to those reports while in the field. Even upload pictures that you take with the built in camera on your smart phone. (This is all assuming you don't have a laptop with you and an air card or other connection to the Internet, if you do...just use the website in the field!). With a combination of the mobile app to upload pictures and the mobile website you can fill out all the details you need and share the report directly from the phone without ever having to go back to the office at night!. Here's some pics of the process and finally, sharing it from the mobile site, all while in the field!

So, I think being able to quickly upload files and get them to a professional looking report and then share them with your customer is a huge advantage to a small shop that might not have access to the same IT resources that a larger competitor does.

Feel free to send me a PM or let me know if you want to discuss this further!

Thanks
      -Brad

Comment

Well, I have decided to keep using the Connect software.

I did a job last month where another plumber had been at a rental home to snake the sewer line. He couldn't get it open, so he sent down a camera, and told the water company the problem was in their main line, and to have them dig up the road. But, he didn't make a video, or locate the line for them.

The property management company and the water company got talking to each other, and decided to call me out to make a video and locate the problem. I went to the property, punched through the clog with ease with my K-60, and then ran my camera down.

I found a piece of ABS pipe lodged in the SDR PVC pipe right before it hooked into the sewer main in the middle of the road. I located the problem spot, and put my pictures and videos in a report and gave the people the code. I'm pretty sure the first plumbing company is the one that dropped the pipe down there in the first place when the house was built a few years ago.

So anyways, the water company was very impressed with the Connect report. They liked how easy it was to get the report to multiple people, and that the people they have used in the past don't usually give them good videos and photos. They have decided to hire me for their camera work from now on. I've got two more jobs lined up for them right now.

If I can keep enough work from them, I am going to be investing in a 200' camera next.

Comment

Working...
        X