X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed in shower stems?

Has anyone encountered American Standard shower valve stems that are pressed into the shower valve body? It's from the early 60's I believe. Can they even be replaced? It has cross handles.

Re: Pressed in shower stems?

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
    Has anyone encountered American Standard shower valve stems that are pressed into the shower valve body? It's from the early 60's I believe. Can they even be replaced? It has cross handles.
    You mean they only have a packing nut to remove before you remove the stem. Yes the parts should be available.

Comment

No, there doesn't seem to be a packing nut, only a rounded piece of brass where the nut should be, and it looks like it came cast from the factory like this. I've never seen one like this before. I'll try to get pics.

Comment

Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

I finally had the chance to post these.......has anyone seen American Standard pressed in shower stems before? I believe they are from the early 60's. Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

American standard Colony series. Very popular during the 60's. They come in 2 lengths. Short long. Yours look long. 144 mm's? Oh, not pressed in. They unscrew using cresent wrench on 2 flat sides of stem.
            Last edited by plumberscrack; 02-01-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              American standard Colony series. Very popular during the 60's. They come in 2 lengths. Short long. Yours look long. 144 mm's? Oh, not pressed in. They unscrew using cresent wrench on 2 flat sides of stem.
              Got to take the trim off. Not let the trim take the valve off.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X