-Pot holing for broken yard lines / mud sucking
    -Clearing shower drains
    -Water clean-up
    -Clearing water from copper to solder
    -Dust / Air filtration when running the Hilti Hammer on indoor concrete
    - Indoor light hydro excavation or just fill removal

I also clean up with it

Re: Dig it

And here I thought you where starting a thread about my exavator.
    Attached Files
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Give her a good burial Bill sounds like she deserves it.
      Would you like for the forum to hold a moment of silence?
      Good luck getting P-Ricky to abide

Comment

I like your digger. Looking into those.

J.C.

Comment

It's a baby!

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I like your digger. Looking into those.

J.C.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
            It's a baby!
            Small digups, that kind can be great. No trailer.

J.C.

Comment

I have the 12" bucket a 24" wide bucket which I split in half trying to tear out a 100 year old oak root ball. Cost me $150 to get repaired. I also have a 36" wide backfill blade. It will dig down 8' 9" with no issues.

Now as far as wet vacs go I been abusing a Ridgid WetVac that has the option to take the motor off and use it as a leaf blower. I to use it for indoor hydro excavating, also on window well drains, use the rod to break up the mud and rocks and suck it out with the vac.

Comment

we used a terramite for everything when I lived in your neck of the woods J.C., that little guy is probably great out there. for some reason I pictured Chicago as having the same rocky clay mess to dig in that we do here. The more I actually stop and think, I'm probably very wrong.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                  we used a terramite for everything when I lived in your neck of the woods J.C., that little guy is probably great out there. for some reason I pictured Chicago as having the same rocky clay mess to dig in that we do here. The more I actually stop and think, I'm probably very wrong.
                  Mojourneyman, I have done 100' long trenches from 3' deep to 8' deep with this guy, in the hardest clay you ever seen. I too have used the terramite, the dig overpowers that little guy by a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    Mojourneyman, I have done 100' long trenches from 3' deep to 8' deep with this guy, in the hardest clay you ever seen. I too have used the terramite, the dig overpowers that little guy by a ton.
                    I had to use a Terramite once. I recall that one being pretty weak also.

J.C.

Comment

I just looked at the dig it the other day, but the front wheels looked to wide for most of our city jobs.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        I just looked at the dig it the other day, but the front wheels looked to wide for most of our city jobs.
                        The 148 like the one I own the front wheels come off and you put a set of caster wheels on, and the rear wheels swing inward to make it wide enough to push through a 36" wide gate.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Small digups, that kind can be great. No trailer.

J.C.
                          I have a model 158 which is nearly identical to the 148 but the wheels can not be removed so it won't fit through narrow spots. It is nice to be able to hook up to the truck and drag it where ever its needed and no trailer needed. Also, here in NJ it is considered construction equipment and needs no registration or tags, so that saves a couple bucks too.

With some 1/4" plate, some angle, and a little welding on my part I made a backfill blade that is 36" wide and I can attach w/o having to remove the bucket. Pops on and off in just a minute. I have a 10" bucket but thinking about getting something a little wider.
                          Last edited by Bob D.; 02-01-2011, 10:56 PM.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                            I did not realize how much I use my Shop Vac until it smoked today

-Pot holing for broken yard lines / mud sucking
                            -Clearing shower drains
                            -Water clean-up
                            -Clearing water from copper to solder
                            -Dust / Air filtration when running the Hilti Hammer on indoor concrete
                            - Indoor light hydro excavation or just fill removal

I also clean up with it

Sorry for your loss Bill.
                            I feel your pain. It has been a while since I tragically lost Mother Suck-ah in a milk truck incident at a farm. She will be sadly missed but it turns out she is an organ donor.

I have been saving her upper half (motor) in a secure area(AKA. the shed)

I have recently purchased a piece of plastic called a vacuum. It's lower half is just like Mother Suckah's. When I am emotionally ready, I will merge the upper half of Mother Suckah to the plastic, and hope that Mother Suckah's personality takes hold.

Is it wrong to be emotionally attached to your tools

INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                            X