Power Inverter ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Inverter ?

Looking for a good power inverter for my truck.One I can just hook up to my battery on an as needed basis. Sometimes it is more of a PITA to find power to run your tools than doing the job..This will mostly be used for running a snake , drop light etc. Also should the vehicle be running while it is in use?
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Power Inverter ?

good luck. Every one in every size that I have ever used crapped out on me. And yes, keep the truck running unless you have a battery booster handy cause it will drain your battery fast
    sigpic

Comment

I have one for charging cordless tool batteries. Much cheaper than buying multiple chargers and I can still charge in between servi calls.

The big inverters will be expensive.

Comment

same here...i have been kicking the can on buy a small 800-900 watt generator for a couple hundred bucks....just haven't done it yet....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
          same here...i have been kicking the can on buy a small 800-900 watt generator for a couple hundred bucks....just haven't done it yet....
          8-9 hundred watts wouldn't run a sewer machine.

Comment

I bought a used apc ups (battery backup) that was used for computer backup .The battery is 12 volt but it was dead threw the battery out and spliced a cigarete plug on it and use it to run my power tools .they do come in different size wattages you could also hard wire in your truck

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              8-9 hundred watts wouldn't run a sewer machine.

Well...I'm think on paper it does...doesn't it? K-7500 is a 4/10 h.p. motor that I think pulls 6 amps should be about 720 watts....but what do I know...

Derek

Comment

You need a generator for the kind of amp draw a sewer machine wil see, expecially when it is working hard. depending on how far you run a cord, there will be loss thru the cord. someone correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                  Well...I'm think on paper it does...doesn't it? K-7500 is a 4/10 h.p. motor that I think pulls 6 amps should be about 720 watts....but what do I know...
                  What amp draw does the 7500 pull when you start it? Thats prolly where the trouble would be.

Comment

far better to buy a Honda generator. Only a Honda generator will give you years of service without problems. TM, I do have one of those 50 dollar inverters for charging batteries, they work fine for that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
                      You need a generator for the kind of amp draw a sewer machine wil see, expecially when it is working hard. depending on how far you run a cord, there will be loss thru the cord. someone correct me if i am wrong.
                      And it will make the machine work harder and overheat. Under voltage is just as bad or worse than over voltage.

I have a portable 5,000 watt generator and I connected a 120v 1500 watt water heater element into it and the motor would load up for about 5 seconds....that initial start up is a mofo. Your right on target skywalker

Comment

Originally posted by shock1964 View Post
                        Yep...I think I did say generator...but hell its been a long day...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          What amp draw does the 7500 pull when you start it? Thats prolly where the trouble would be.
                          This is probably true...I really don't know if works...I haven't tried it...so I am now thinking that bumping up to a maybe 1500 watt generator would be the way to go...

Derek

Comment

You boy's is feelin the cold down there ain't ya? So next time one of you want's to call me and tell me how you are sitting on the lanai drinking Pina' Collada's you all can go a F*&^ yourselves..... I done ran 140 miles on the sled's speedo last weekend and plan on making a similar run once this nor easter is done dressing the trails again....
                            sigpic

Comment

I have this 2000 Watt inverter in my truck mounted behind the passenger seat. It runs my Spartan 1065, Bosch Brute, SeeSnake and anything else I hook up to it. http://www.americanvan.com/van-and-t...2-x-7-1-8.html I do have a second batter mounted under the seat, that is tied into my vans charging system with a relay and diode set up so the unit will not discharge the engines battery.

My buddy runs a 900 Watt inverter and it runs his K-7500 with out any issues.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                              X