Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Inverter ?

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    I have this 2000 Watt inverter in my truck mounted behind the passenger seat. It runs my Spartan 1065, Bosch Brute, SeeSnake and anything else I hook up to it. http://www.americanvan.com/van-and-t...2-x-7-1-8.html I do have a second batter mounted under the seat, that is tied into my vans charging system with a relay and diode set up so the unit will not discharge the engines battery.

My buddy runs a 900 Watt inverter and it runs his K-7500 with out any issues.
    Is it a inverter or generator that your buddy uses? Happen to know the brand? Thanks for the information!!!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      Is it a inverter or generator that your buddy uses? Happen to know the brand? Thanks for the information!!!!
      Not sure on the brand, but its an inverter that he plugs into the cigarette lighter.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have this 2000 Watt inverter in my truck mounted behind the passenger seat. It runs my Spartan 1065, Bosch Brute, SeeSnake and anything else I hook up to it. http://www.americanvan.com/van-and-t...2-x-7-1-8.html I do have a second batter mounted under the seat, that is tied into my vans charging system with a relay and diode set up so the unit will not discharge the engines battery.

My buddy runs a 900 Watt inverter and it runs his K-7500 with out any issues.

WOW ! That is a serious setup. Thanks for the ideas. I will def. look into it Ratz
        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not sure on the brand, but its an inverter that he plugs into the cigarette lighter.
          Wow...never seen one that big plug in...all the ones I've seen have alligator clips to the battery...now i really gotta know what and where he go his!!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
            Wow...never seen one that big plug in...all the ones I've seen have alligator clips to the battery...now i really gotta know what and where he go his!!
            Just got off the phone with my buddy. He bought it at the Farm and Fleet by his house. He wired in the plug in cord to the unit. He said it came with the battery clips though. He is not sure of the name either since he bought it 5 years ago, he said when he finally digs out his van he will let me know what brand and model it is.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              far better to buy a Honda generator. Only a Honda generator will give you years of service without problems. TM, I do have one of those 50 dollar inverters for charging batteries, they work fine for that.
              We have a Honda generator that just won't quit.

Comment

Check this link out and then decide truth from fiction about power requirements on the start up of electric motors. The K-7500 does not have a start or run capacitor.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/p...e&section=P2GG

Comment

He has the Power Bright PW900-12 It has 1800 peak start up wattage which is more than enough to start the K-7500 and a continuous of 900 watts which is enough to keep it running. http://www.powerbright.com/pw900-12.html

Comment

Yeah and its only 60 bucks.....goodluck

Comment

I have an Aims 1500 watt Pure Sine wave power inverter mounted behind my passenger seat. I have a large Optima Deep cycle battery mounted under the passenger seat to power the inverter.

The inverter charges off the alternator. I had a HD alternator installed when I bought the van. I have an isolation switch on the driver seat base. So when my regular battery goes dead I can flip the switch and use the underseat battery to start the engine. It's come in VERY handy!

The inverter will power equipment up to 15 amps. I've run grinders, hole hawgs, sawzalls. I did try to run my jackhammer once (It takes 20 amps). It tripped off immediately. I once completely plumbed the rough in for a 15 unit office condo (15 toilets) using the inverter. It's soooo much quieter than a generator.

I paid about $450 for the inverter. I regret not jumping for the 20 amp unit. It was almost double the price when I was shopping in 2006. Today the 2000 watt inverters are more reasonable.

I use a Pure Sine Wave instead of a modified or square wave inverter because it's easier on the electronics of any device powered by the inverter. Some appliances won't even function with a square wave inverter.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by geno gardner; 02-02-2011, 11:52 PM.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

http://estore.honda.com/pe/asp/landi...ductCatId=P2GG

This what we use on the jobsite. Navy issued. I was suprised to see how well it'll keep up. It handles hole hawgs and dewalt's framing saw but not a Mag 77(the dewalt has a soft start) It's small and light enough to go where ever you need it. It's lasted 6 months of 12 hour days 7 days a week with no hiccup....so far.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have a 700 watt inverter with a 1400 watt surgg paid $110.00 and inlad charged me $40.00 to install it and that includded the power cable I ariganaly wanted the 600 watt but that was not in stock so thats why I went with the 700 been happy it came in handy when cameraing a sewer in a strip mall
                          http://www.inlad.com/tripplite700wat...partmentId=764
                          Last edited by post plumber; 02-03-2011, 12:35 AM.
                          SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            I have an Aims 1500 watt Pure Sine wave power inverter mounted behind my passenger seat. I have a large Optima Deep cycle battery mounted under the passenger seat to power the inverter.

The inverter charges off the alternator. I had a HD alternator installed when I bought the van. I have an isolation switch on the driver seat base. So when my regular battery goes dead I can flip the switch and use the underseat battery to start the engine. It's come in VERY handy!

The inverter will power equipment up to 15 amps. I've run grinders, hole hawgs, sawzalls. I did try to run my jackhammer once (It takes 20 amps). It tripped off immediately. I once completely plumbed the rough in for a 15 unit office condo (15 toilets) using the inverter. It's soooo much quieter than a generator.

I paid about $450 for the inverter. I regret not jumping for the 20 amp unit. It was almost double the price when I was shopping in 2006. Today the 2000 watt inverters are more reasonable.

I use a Pure Sine Wave instead of a modified or square wave inverter because it's easier on the electronics of any device powered by the inverter. Some appliances won't even function with a square wave inverter.

I got my inverter around 2005 so I know what you mean by their prices being a whole lot more compared to what they are today. I had the dealer include my inverter and alarm system with the sale of my sprinter.

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
                              I have a 700 watt inverter with a 1400 watt surgg paid $110.00 and inlad charged me $40.00 to install it and that includded the power cable I ariganaly wanted the 600 watt but that was not in stock so thats why I went with the 700 been happy
                              http://www.inlad.com/tripplite700wat...partmentId=764
                              Yeah but like what do you run on it? Old1 and myself were looking to run drain machine...me a k-7500 so I think a 700 watt is just a little under powered...but I would be interested to see what a 700 watt can run (need something smaller for personal truck)...and like seweratz friend has one that has been proven to run a k-7500...looks neat...

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post

Nice setup!! I assume you put the battery so you don't have to leave the van running? I was looking at Pure Sine Wave products...so I suppose your happy with it?

Derek

Comment

Working...
                                X