X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Inverter ?

I unwind my cord (50ft) but yes I also leave the ridgid k-60 cord wound up lol
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

An alternative might be to spec a under hood belt driven generator the next time you buy a new truck. These can run up to 6KW and can communicate with the engines PLC to set the correct idle speed when the generator is in use.

You can of course have one mounted in your existing vehicle.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        An alternative might be to spec a under hood belt driven generator the next time you buy a new truck. These can run up to 6KW and can communicate with the engines PLC to set the correct idle speed when the generator is in use.

You can of course have one mounted in your existing vehicle.

Now THAT is a very interesting idea. Thank you.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          Check this link out and then decide truth from fiction about power requirements on the start up of electric motors. The K-7500 does not have a start or run capacitor.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/p...e&section=P2GG

So if I am reading this right, I would need a generator capable of producing at least 2600 Watts to start my KM-1500?

I believe the 3/4 hp motor is capacitor start/run right?

Man it would be nice to be able to use a 2000 Watt portable generator. So much lighter than a 3000 watt!

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
            So if I am reading this right, I would need a generator capable of producing at least 2600 Watts to start my KM-1500?

I believe the 3/4 hp motor is capacitor start/run right?

Man it would be nice to be able to use a 2000 Watt portable generator. So much lighter than a 3000 watt!
            Startup or "in rush" current is normally only a momentary event. Many inverters and generators have the ability to handle double their rating for a moment. For example, my 1500 watt inverter claims to be able to handle a 3000 watt momentary surge. (I don't know that I believe the claim but it's there.)

Comment

Thanks

I am admittedly rather ignorant when it comes to electrical output

It sounds then like a 2000 watt generator like the Honda Eu2000i would be sufficient for my needs.

Comment

So..BOTTOM LINE...how much can a 2000 watt inverter setup in a van cost for everything?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  So..BOTTOM LINE...how much can a 2000 watt inverter setup in a van cost for everything?
                  Gear, the cost will to some extent depend on the quality of the inverter you decide to install. Square wave, modified square wave, pure sine wave. And that decision might depend on what equipment you intend to run on the inverter. Going to run a computer? Might want a pure sine wave. Will never run a computer, but just an AC squirrel cage motor? square wave might be adequate. I think the most common choice is a modified square wave.

Then, are you going to run it off the truck alternator / battery or are you installing an auxiliary battery? (I suggest the largest deep cell battery you can manage. I've had great results with my Optima deep cell.

Comment

Just looking for an out the door price of what it cost. I understand the different requirements but just want to ballpark it on the cost.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X