Moen Volume control leaking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen Volume control leaking

I was called in as a second opinion on a Moen shower system problem. They have one main shower head, a rain head, four body sprays and a hand held all run through volume controls. The only head that hasn't dripped continuously is the main shower head. The body sprays (according to the HO) haven't been turned on since November and I witnessed them dripping.
    I understand heads may hold and drip water for some time and temperatures around the supporting piping can make these heads drip. According to the information given, that is not happening here.
    Have any of you had problems with these valves? If so, did you find a solution.
    The other company has been throwing free replacement stems in for over a year.
    I am leery to jump in on this since I'm the second company in. I've found nothing on searches I've done. Thanks for your replies, in advance.
    Mike

Re: Moen Volume control leaking

Take the heads off and watch for drips. You could even gauge them.

Sometimes drips are not leaks.

J.C.

Comment

Re: Moen Volume control leaking

J.C.
      Good thinking. I could pull all four body spray heads, cap off three and put a test gauge on one and let it set for a few days or a week. I'll have to remove the volume control handle too.
      My guess is the heads are being used when the home owner isn't paying attention(wife, cleaning lady etc.) and dripping as the water drains out of them.
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X