X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Gift

I purchased the 425 tripod vice in March and faxed in the registration for my free gift before the deadline.
    I was supposed to get a new rapid grip pipe wrench.

I still have not received anything.
    I usually don’t register but I wanted the free wrench.
    Was this a scam just to get my information?

I don't believe Ridgid would "scam" you. Call customer service and they should have your info if you registered. The wrenches could be back ordered. I think it took a couple of months to get my inductive clamp yet my A-30 came in weeks after the Spring Fling Promo.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

tkb,

how long ago did you send in your registration? We have been fullfilling the "free gift" registrations and I am sure that yours will be fullfilled if you sent it in.

I would give it 6 weeks before I started worrying about not recieving it.

Have a good one,

josh

Comment

Rigid is a very old company that makes very good pipe wrenches. The best actually. You will get your wrench and it will be a good one. It might take an extra week or two but it will be worth the wait.

How do you like the vice, mine are aged and heavy, and I have been considering a lighter one. Unlike many however, I like the tube benders on my old vices, they are great for fabricating hooks and temporary offsets.
        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Maybe "scam" is too harsh.

It's been since March.
          I contacted customer support and they could not find any record of my registration.

I have been contacted and I am sure it can be resolved.

The vice is very good except that they put a bolt all of the way through the center post for the latch. This blocks the hole in the top. You cant put anything in through the top hole.

Comment

Originally posted by tkb:
            The vice is very good except that they put a bolt all of the way through the center post for the latch. This blocks the hole in the top. You cant put anything in through the top hole.
            Hi, and thanks for the comments on the 425 Tristand!

Just curious what you might put in the hole that goes through the center? I hadn't really considered it a functional feature.

Thanks,
            Steve

[ 07-12-2005, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: smorris ]
            Steve
            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Sometime while using the vice we want to put our conduit bender through the hole with the head up when we aren't using the vice insted of laying it on the floor.

It should be constructed with 2 bolts with the heads on the inside and the nuts on the outside so it won't block the hole. I don't see the structural reason for a thru bolt except that it is easier to build the vice at the factory with a thru bolt.

The hole is useless with the bolt.

Comment

OK, thanks for the feedback!

We actually assembled a couple of our prototype stands with bolts as you've described. It was somewhat difficult to get a wrench in there over the head of the bold on a concave surface. The box wrench doesn't fully engage the hex, and not something we wanted to do for production.

I originally designed the casting with the center hole closed on the top for a little more surface area. No real gain with that, though, as it is under the clamped pipe. Casting the hole from both sides resulted in a better quality casting.

Thanks again, and I'm glad you like your 425 Tristand!

Originally posted by tkb:
                Sometime while using the vice we want to put our conduit bender through the hole with the head up when we aren't using the vice insted of laying it on the floor.

It should be constructed with 2 bolts with the heads on the inside and the nuts on the outside so it won't block the hole. I don't see the structural reason for a thru bolt except that it is easier to build the vice at the factory with a thru bolt.

The hole is useless with the bolt.
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                X