X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please looking for tank fill valve that works on low pressure

has anyone seen a fillvalve that works on extremely low pressure ?

Re: help please looking for tank fill valve that works on low pressure

why wouldn't a normal mansfield ballcock work? it's the float that shuts off the water.

not too sure if a fluidmaster would shut with ultra low pressure.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      why wouldn't a normal mansfield ballcock work? it's the float that shuts off the water.

not too sure if a fluidmaster would shut with ultra low pressure.

rick.
      The problem would not be in shutting off it would be in filling.

How much pressure are we talking and would an elevated reservoir help?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

we cant elevate the reservoir there's not enough room in the building and we can't put the reservoir outside because it's very close to a runway . we had pumps in there at 1 time but my boss doesn't wanna put them back in . I estimate the psi to be 5 .

Comment

I don't know the name of them, but I've seen fill valves that are extremely small in height.

Comment

How about this?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman plumber Tim View Post
              we cant elevate the reservoir there's not enough room in the building and we can't put the reservoir outside because it's very close to a runway . we had pumps in there at 1 time but my boss doesn't wanna put them back in . I estimate the psi to be 5 .
              Wow that is low. What type of water system do you have? Most areas require a "boil order" for anything under 20 psi.

Mark

Comment

looks good but does it operate on extremely low pressure ?

Comment

If it doesn't, I'm not sure any ball cock will work in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Wow that is low. What type of water system do you have? Most areas require a "boil order" for anything under 20 psi.

Mark
                    I meant private well, commercial well, municipal water, spring fed or whatever.

Mark

Comment

the only ficture they have is a water closet fed by a storage tank . there are no other fixtures hose bibbs faucets or anything they can drink out of.

Comment

the only ficture they have is a water closet fed by a storage tank . there are no other fixtures hose bibbs faucets or anything they can drink out of.
                        Thats even worse..a toilet that doesn't flush and no lav to wash your hands.

Comment

yes well my boss hates it when I say jackhammer or remodel .

Comment

For what it is worth,

I have a toilet on the second floor,
                            we have a storage tank that is 20 foot tall, (normally after the windmill fills the storage tank), a jet pump is used to pressurized the water system on the farm, but in a power outage, normally I do not bay pass the jet pump, but can, and if the water is in the tank full enough, it will fill the up stairs toilet , I figure the pressure is less than 3 pounds, (when the tank is totally full at that toilet) it may take 20 Min's to fill but it will fill up,

I have not looked for some time I think it is a fluid master vale in it,

the down stairs one does just fine and and the one in the barn does fine as well on gravity feed, at the most the pressure would be is 7 pounds to the barn and less to the one on the ground floor of the house, and as the tank lowers so does the pressure lowers with it of course, but no problems on any of the toilets working, it is slower, but works,
                            Last edited by BHD; 02-05-2011, 06:04 PM.
                            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                            attributed to Samuel Johnson
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

First impression: you can't solve this problem because your boss is vetoing the most obvious solution.

Customers do this all of the time: "I want the best (fill in the blank)_________" but I don't want to spend more than (fill in the blank)__________" There is a latin phrase to cover this but I don't know it. (Reducto ad absurdum??)

Check with the various manufacturers and find out what is the minimum water pressure that the different ballcocks will utilize.

Shutting off is just a function of the water level in the tank, no matter how it got there, any float operated valve will shut off at the right water level, if nothing is obstructing it.

There are float operated switches that will shut off electric valves but they cost $$$ and probably are not suitable for a toilet.

Comment

Working...
                              X