Anybody workin while Sick ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody workin while Sick ?

How sick to you have to be to stay home ?

Re: Anybody workin while Sick ?

I have to be literally to the point of projectile vomiting before I stay home.

However, I let the customer know firsthand the situation, advise them that I am sick, and that sets the priority if they want me to still show up and do the work at the appointed time.

Here's a video of me during an episode of projectile vomiting.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

To the point where I can't get out of bed because when I do I either puke or start to black out. If that's not the case then I take some day time sudafed and keep going.
      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Over a year ago on New Years eve, me and pop got that terrible stomach virus that was sweeping the nation at the same time, and it took the company down since there is only 2 of us.

Dad had to go to the hospital...I went and installed a water heater that day in an emergency. I told the customer before hand if I couldn't use her bathroom while I was working there, I would have to come back another day. She was absolutely cool with it so I started working.
        I brought my fiancee with me (she had to take off) to help me lug the water heaters in and out. I had a hard time just bringing in my tool bag.

During the course of the installation, I had to run to the bathroom as I barely made it up the steps.

After the job was complete, I wrote "Happy New Year" on the water heater, and my fiancee offered the lady to clean her bathroom top to bottom cause of my germs.

Lady was extremely thankful, and told me to get my butt home and in bed.

Comment

In the past 6 years I have called in sick twice (i think). One was from inhaling muratic acid and the other was because I was just too weak. Dunbar your evil.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
            In the past 6 years I have called in sick twice (i think). One was from inhaling muratic acid and the other was because I was just too weak. Dunbar your evil.

Haaahaaaa!! You looked!

It was the ham chunks that got ya... had to be.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yes. Many times. Just last week.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post

close to the same...put clobber in a urinal that manager neglected to tell me had a gallon of bleach put in it the day before....bad deal was put in hospital for two days....other time chinese food poisoning....
                Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

in the past 21yrs i called in sick 4 times
                  first time my wife was in labor ,i had to go with her lol
                  2nd time was a stomach virus that i was in the hospital all night
                  3rd and 4th was when i had pneumonia and was in the hospital the nights before

other then that i would go if i had a cold or any thing else ,i did go home sick maybe 20 times in 21yrs
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

It depends on how the bank account looks.
                    If the bills are coming due and there's not enough money then I would drag my coffin to work.
                    If I'm flush with cash then I'd stay home if I stubbed my toe.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                      If I'm flush with cash then I'd stay home if I stubbed my toe.
                      Careful...Plumbers are not allowed to be "flush" with cash. It could be interpreted that you're ripping people off.

Comment

I try not to work when i'm really sick. I get a weeks vacation time every year, and can rarely use it since I usually have enough overtime to cover a couple of days off per week. so on the off chance I need to stay home to die, I burn some vacation time. I don't want to get my coworkers, office people, or customers sick with whatever strain of Ebola I've contracted this month.
                        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          Careful...Plumbers are not allowed to be "flush" with cash. It could be interpreted that you're ripping people off.
                          Pun intended. And I guess I should have said "when the bank account is "drained".
                          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I only get sick on weekends

Comment

Working...
                            X