Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

help me convince my boss to buy a rigid sectional sewer machine .

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me convince my boss to buy a rigid sectional sewer machine .

in my opinion rigid sectionals are much easier to maintain , make troubleshooting easier and have less breakdowns.

can anyone please back me up on this ?

Re: help me convince my boss to buy a rigid sectional sewer machine .

You better hope none of the drum guys respond in this thread...

But for me personally..I like sectionals because I'm more comfortable with it. I have nothing against drum machines as I'm not that good with them.

Comment

I learned on drum machines. Now that I own a K-60 I am never going back. Check out the K-60 section of the forum. I am sure it will have all the info you will need.
      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

Carry Both drum and sectional. I do like my new K60 over 100 feet up to 200 feet I like the drum
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

have him call me

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Please post His home phone ## and what time He turns in.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

he won't answer his phone

Comment

Black Ops Plumbing.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman plumber Tim View Post
                  he won't answer his phone
                  send him a link to the k-60 forum

then have him call me

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman plumber Tim View Post
                    in my opinion rigid sectionals are much easier to maintain , make troubleshooting easier and have less breakdowns.

can anyone please back me up on this ?

I started out on sectionals. More work, harder on the body. You'll earn every dollar in using a sectional.

There's been a rash of people having problems of K-60 issues on here with them seizing up, not working in the cold. Search the postings to find them.

I've been a drum machine owner ever since I realized there are easy ways to make money, get the drain open and be in good physical shape when the day is over with.

If you're young and indestructable... go for the K-60.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I vote K-1500b. Start flaming away, I got my big boy pants on.

In the area I am at I don't doubt the k-60 could do it but why push it? With 710 rpm, 3/4 h.p. vs 1/2 h.p. and the ability to go longer distances it's a home run.

We have a lot of 6" lines and I don't want to use a 7/8" cable in that, besides the k-60 is only rated for up to 4" lines.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

did i forget to mention that the k-60 is the #1 selling sewer machine in the ridgid lineup

oh and fred the president of ridgid, it's his favorite machine too. he told me so at lunch

don't believe me, ask him

ps. the k-60 will do 6'' with the ridgid c-10ic cable or general ic cable.

just about every sewer i clean is a 4''-6'' line.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          did i forget to mention that the k-60 is the #1 selling sewer machine in the ridgid lineup

oh and fred the president of ridgid, it's his favorite machine too. he told me so at lunch

don't believe me, ask him

ps. the k-60 will do 6'' with the ridgid c-10ic cable or general ic cable.

just about every sewer i clean is a 4''-6'' line.

rick.
                          If its ridgids #1 selling machine then I bet it is Ole Freds favorite machine.

Comment

1500 is way to bunky at least the 1 1/14 cable is ,compare the the 60 in my opinion and i put my 1500 away in the shed every since i could not corner a lateral around a 100 feet away
                            and use my Drum machine for long runs unless from the roof or access is limited.
                            Sectional more control and friendly, but a little more set up.
                            Drum machine, convenient and stronger at distances less set up time.
                            Over all opinion if i can only have one machine it would be a k-60 if i every able to get a drum for running 5/16 cable. Right now my pick is the k-50 if i could only have one.

Comment

Start kinking drum cable and then have your response be "this wouldn't happen if we were running sectionals"
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X