X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measure twice

Maybe a good place to hitch your horse, but not so good to clear a sewer.
    Attached Files
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Measure twice

Thats how I like them Tim. Around here if we have an outside cleanout it is treated like a hidious thing that must never be looked upon and only belongs six inches under the dirt with a bush planted over the top of it to be sure it is never it be seen or spoken of again.

Outside cleanout?? what outside cleanout?? we got no outside cleanouts. Now please stop asking.

Comment

we can't legally have a c/o beyond our property line. so basically we stop at the owners side of the sidewalk in the lawn. even though we are responsible for the sewer all the way to the center of the street or alley typically.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I could have been cut off and put a proper screw on cap on it, or a nice cover, and it would have been fine, and would have been able to be found easily and protected,

now some one will mess up the walk chiseling it out to cut it off and put the cap on it,
        Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          we can't legally have a c/o beyond our property line. so basically we stop at the owners side of the sidewalk in the lawn. even though we are responsible for the sewer all the way to the center of the street or alley typically.

rick.
          I'd be willing to bet this is the reason it hasn't been cut down. Now that there is a problem, there is an argument over who owns the cleanout & when the concrete was poured.

"It's not mine. Well it's not mine!" Noone wants to pay. But I bet everyone will want to use it.

J.C.

Comment

They'll blame it on the plumber..The plumber was not there to pull a string line across the forms to cut it down so it would be flush with the finished sidewalk..Yeah it's the plumbers fault..Let's backcharge him
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

rickster. we ain't supposed to either. that said i have seen just about every type of utility + cleanouts in side walks and driveways. that looks to be fresh concrete and a new piece of pvc. which may or may not be a cleanout. i saw a scaffold set in concrete once were the gc would tell you that the forms were ready to go when all kinds of stuff was in the pour. finisher just poured it. i saw one once when the gc pronounced it ready to go. the grass on the dirt clod was sticking up far enough that it was troweled. my guess is that someone was supposed to cut it off and install a cleanout. concrete guys showed up with concrete. well here you are and there you go. lol. breid............

Comment

still an easy fix to install a c/o. top kap makes a flush c/o you install afterwards.

still doesn't fix the fact that it's in the sidewalk which is the real problem.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

My thought is somebody (probably a lawyer) is going to be out jogging one night and run smack into that thing and shortly thereafter own himself a little construction and/or plumbing co.
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Where was is this in Alabama? Sorry...sorry...just kidding...where was the inspector when this was done? Interesting how this is just there and nobody said anything when it was done.....
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

dc maybe there isn't any inspector. maybe they did say something. the concrete is down. it'l get finished. hey slim where did this happen at and on what date? breid...................

Comment

If I lived next door I would drill holes in the cap and turn it into a vent It would get fixed pretty quick I think
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                          dc maybe there isn't any inspector. maybe they did say something. the concrete is down. it'l get finished. hey slim where did this happen at and on what date? breid...................

Fair enough....then how about the installer and common sense...I mean even my kid looked at that and was like WTH?
                          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

honestly, I like the idea of putting them in the sidewalk. though, as previously linked, a nice brass cap would have been the way to go.

gives you a nice even surface to set your sewer machine on.
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                              It is a fairly upscale subdivision still under development in Shelby Co. Tn. I was headed there to winterize a couple of recently vacated houses. I pulled in the entrance and was greeted with that riser. Of course, just like everyone else here, the 1st thing I thought was, "Oh boy, the guys on the forum will love this..."

Comment

Working...
                              X