Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you dig it?

I was called here for a leak.

Notice all hose clamps, and one coupler with nothing securing it.

I could tell right away this customer was going to be more trouble than it was worth, and I was right after all the complaining she did.

This "system" was used to heat her home using a 50 gallon electric water heater. Her other complaint was that her house was always cold and they didn't have much hot water for showers.

Then I got the "my cousin is a plumber, blah blah blah."

I left the job.

Here is the dance I did when I seen it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2_QYmz-He0
    Last edited by Tyman; 02-06-2011, 11:20 AM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Can you dig it?

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
    I

This "system" was used to heat her home using a 50 gallon electric water heater. Her other complaint was that her house was always cold and they didn't have much hot water for showers.
    There is her problem right there. Why in the world would someone install a 50 gallon electric water heater to heat their home? Am I to assume the water heater also did the the domestic water?

Yea..I would run out of their as well.

Comment

Your right. 50 gallon electric for domestic hot water and heat.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I've written about 3 replies to this, and decided that none of them adequately expressed my disgust with that install. I'll just remain Nearly speechless.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

i see a lot of that. people just assume that when the contractor tells them something it is true. they don't know. they are not stupid they just don't know. well maybe some are stupid. greed. some of it is greed. i had a coworker that was trying to heat a 3000 sq ft log cabin with cathedral ceiling with a 75.000 electric water heater. i don't think so. well it did heat it to around 40 deg. lol. i asked him why? he said they (the gc) told me so. i asked why he thought that would work and he says it more efficient. lol. google "amish heater" the miracle heater. breid................

Comment

it could be fixed so it heats, just needs a bigger heat source with the right temp and flow speeds. but with 6 loops... I hope its not much bigger than about 300 square foot.
            Last edited by MoJourneyman; 02-06-2011, 03:35 PM. Reason: sounded pretentious.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

What's strange is it looks like he got passed the pump and just said screw it.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X