X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go for flat rate pricing guides

I have been looking for flat rate pricing guides. As of now I just bid jobs according to experience. Some days are good, some are really good, and some days I don't make what I would have liked. So does anyone have any recommendations for pricing guides?

Re: Where to go for flat rate pricing guides

Everyone's got different prices.
    Westcoast Plumbing and I for instance are constantly reviewing each others rates.And we're only 45 miles apart.

How much does it cost you hourly to keep the doors open if you got 30 billable hours a week.

Comment

I'll tell you now,guys like myself usually get irritated when someone asks how much to charge.
      I'm in a more compassionate mood tonight.

I pay for this knowledge.Experience,research,networking.

Comment

I worked for a guy that had a flat rate pricing guide once. It was like an auto mechanics flat rate book. Never knew where he got it. I have my own flat rate price guide book. Only its in my head and changes a lot.

Comment

Google "Flat Rate Price Book" then click on one of the links... Do your research then ask us for our opinions

Discussions over pricing or Sectional vs. Drums will start major flame wars around here so break out the Nomex underwear

Comment

I did google flat rate price books. My goal was to see what others plumbers think about different guides. Every book is trying to sell itself but I want to see what people think in the real world. Maybe someone swears by one and maybe everyone thinks one totally sucks. Only way to find out is to see what other people think.

Comment

OK, which one did you like and why?

--Any of them can be self tailored to fit what you want. Find a cheap one to get the task lists then start running numbers or spend alot and tell them how much you want to make per hour and let them do the math for ya...
              Last edited by OkieBill; 02-08-2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                I'll tell you now,guys like myself usually get irritated when someone asks how much to charge.
                I'm in a more compassionate mood tonight.

I pay for this knowledge.Experience,research,networking.
                Do you flat rate drtyhands?

had to ask

Comment

Found what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
                    Great.

Welcome to the Ridgid Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
                      What did you find?

Besides corn. (I drove through Nebraska a couple times) I forget where I was in Nebraska. Stumbled upon a little steakhouse restaurant in the middle of corn that served FANTASTIC steak. It was a pleasant surprise.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        What did you find?

Besides corn. (I drove through Nebraska a couple times) I forget where I was in Nebraska. Stumbled upon a little steakhouse restaurant in the middle of corn that served FANTASTIC steak. It was a pleasant surprise.
                        I didn't find a flat rate price guide but I did find the realization that different areas are different and what works in one might not work in another.

If you where in the middle of corn you were probably close to my house. I happen to have a great steakhouse 5 miles from me its the The Blackpowder steakhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Great.

Welcome to the Ridgid Forum.
                          Thanks, I been lurking around reading threads on here for a while. I enjoy the tool discussions. Always looking for good tools...

Comment

It is best to create your own "flat-rate" pricing guide. For multiple reasons. First, only you know your demographic area and the median household incomes which greatly affects what you can charge and still get paid Here is my basic set-up. (I am in Washington DC area)

-No "service" fee for showing up. However, we do charge $150 minimum to do ANY work. (we tell customers this on the phone)

-Once we are on the job we diagnose the problem FREE of charge and provide a price. If the decline we leave and customer owes nothing. (I think only twice in 6 years has someone turned us away)

-Should we need to cut drywall or search for leaks we charge a flat rate of $89.00 (up to the 1st hour)

It is good to have a price guide as a standard so that all of your customers recieve the same prices. One customer who paid $250 for a toilet rebuild is going to be upset when he hears you did his neighbors for $175.00.

So to answer your question. Just make up your own "flat-rate" guide. Only you know what you're worth!

Comment

I suggest building your own using at least two years worth of data.
                              It gave me insight into what we do well and what we need to improve. I also used it to build a stockage level for the vans.

Number crunching sometimes ain't fun, but they do tell a story. Sometimes not what you want to hear.

Comment

Working...
                              X