X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a new closet auger

I am in the market for a new closet auger, I was looking at general augers. They have three foot cable and then It says you hit a button and you get another 3 foot. Sounds good to me, my old one seamed to always need another foot. Any recomedations for a good closet auger?

Re: Looking for a new closet auger

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
    I am in the market for a new closet auger, I was looking at general augers. They have three foot cable and then It says you hit a button and you get another 3 foot. Sounds good to me, my old one seamed to always need another foot. Any recomedations for a good closet auger?
    Its what I use...tried the Ridgid...didn't like it....my vote stick with General!!
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
      Its what I use...tried the Ridgid...didn't like it....my vote stick with General!!
      Even " MR RIDGID " RECOMMENDS GENERAL CLOSET AUGERS
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Even " MR RIDGID " RECOMMENDS GENERAL CLOSET AUGERS
        You know Fred?

Comment

I vote general but if I need one and don't want to drive to the shop I will buy a ridgid at HD
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
            I vote general but if I need one and don't want to drive to the shop I will buy a ridgid at HD
            LOL Cuda, I did the same thing. Had to use my general auger at my own home then went out on a call. Then I got a call for a toilet stoppage while I was already out was about 50 miles from home. Went to HD and bought the Ridgid one Junk
            I tossed the Ridgid auger in the trash can a few months ago
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I think I am going to go with the 6' general...

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                LOL Cuda, I did the same thing. Had to use my general auger at my own home then went out on a call. Then I got a call for a toilet stoppage while I was already out was about 50 miles from home. Went to HD and bought the Ridgid one Junk
                I tossed the Ridgid auger in the trash can a few months ago
                My local supplier gave me a Ridgid for x-mas...I used it once or twice then it just didn't make it back on my truck....

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  You know Fred?
                  Yes, The Man that " NEVER SLEEPS ANYMORE " HE HE
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Someday in the future after we are all nuked they will find lots of intact good shape ridgid closet augers and think " These must have been very very good they are in great shape" lol
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by NEPlumber View Post
                      General six footer with the drop head.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Have never used a general..I have the ridgid that extends.Pain in the as*..Also if you are not wearing gloves the handle will seperate and give a nice pinch..Also the cable is suppose to lock into position like the adjustable basin wrench..To me it is very cumbersome to use in a tight space..I'll have to give the general a try ..Sorry Ridge

Idea? Don't know if this would be a good or bad improvement..Why not have the ends on the ridgid auger so you could put different heads on like the other cables
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I think he is talking about Rick.

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          You know Fred?

Comment

General wins. I see not even 1 in support of any other. I also have used both and will not use the ridgid one again.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                              Have never used a general..I have the ridgid that extends.Pain in the as*..Also if you are not wearing gloves the handle will seperate and give a nice pinch..Also the cable is suppose to lock into position like the adjustable basin wrench..To me it is very cumbersome to use in a tight space..I'll have to give the general a try ..Sorry Ridge

Idea? Don't know if this would be a good or bad improvement..Why not have the ends on the ridgid auger so you could put different heads on like the other cables
                              The general extension is kinda the same way but man I don't hardly ever extend it...that could be why...my old helper use to get his hand pinched but he was a douche bag....never to try to figure it out...

Derek

Comment

Working...
                              X